Outlook does not send message and no error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

kstebbs

I have scanned the forum and can't seem to find my problem.

I cannot send emails on 1 of my 7 accounts set up in Outlook. All accounts have the same smtp info and pop setup. All have been using 110 incoming and 25 outgoing.

I have been using this email account and all others for months. I have not changed any of the settings. I have recieved updates on my computer but 6 of the accounts are still working for sending - this one - my main default account does not work for sending anymore. It does recieve.

I can send email on my laptop using the exact same account with the same settings?

No error messages? It shows emails going out in the send and nothing hung up in my outbox.

I have reset my modem, defraged, disc clean up, virus scanned by two different programs. I have deleted the account and set it up from scratch. I was able to send one email and have it work but nothing after that.

Help! I can work around by using my other accounts but I need my main default account.

I just did another test

I can send emails on this account when it is NOT the default account

When set as the default account it will send one message and then no more?

The other accounts when set as the default account will send multiple times without issues?

Just trying to narrow down the issue

okay - I'll stop after this

I thought I had a work around figured out - the test sends I have been making on the accounts do not work with content in the email.

When testing as mentioned above with just "test" in the subject line they work. With conttent in the body of the email - it does not send and shows no error message.

So you can send a blank email but nothing with text in it? Sounds like you got it worked down to this.

1. Verify that the Outbox is indeed empty. I do know that nothing else would go out if anything is stuck there.
2. Some of the ISPs- Comcast is one I think, use the SSL to send. I use OE but checked the setup: on Advanced tab, that section reads: it has the server port number. Below the Outgoing Mail (SMTP), there is a line saying 'this server requires a secure connection (SSL)

Check that setting on one of the accounts that works, then compare to the account that won't send.

Sometimes it's easy to miss a small difference.

It is so strange and random! My outbox is always empty - nothing stuck and no error messages.

I do use comcast and it won't take SSL as outgoing- I did change outgoing to Auto and it worked for a few emails and then quit.

Now it is happening on all of my other hard wired computers networked in my home office (3) - but my laptop wireless is working. I'm thinking a router issue and did see that posted somewhere online as happening to one person.

I'm so frustrated I think I will purchase a router today and see if that takes care of the problem.

THANK YOU for the advice - I know it sometimes is a small thing but these accounts have been working for months - why would something change in their setup and function so randomly? Very frustrating especially when trying to run a business that relys on email communication and my most busy time of the year - of course!

Wish me luck!

I'm thinking a router issue

Sounds about right. You should be able to check the router by connecting directly, bypassing the router. If that works, you have your confirmation.

not the router

it is also not the router.

when I do the test send when repairing the email account it sends and receives just fine? When doing a real test using the account in Outlook it doesn't send.

I am at the end of my expertise and not sure what to do. All computers accounts can not send on a consistent basis but can receive emails.

Same here

I'm having the same thing here.

Outlook 2007. Main account seems to send emails, but no one gets them. Moved the account to another system and it works.

So I'd suggest check your machine, not the router. I'm still checking to see what could cause it on my machine. Turned off the anti-virus and such, but still nothing.

cheers
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back