Outlook Express keeps overwriting my drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I encountered this problem originally using a Pocket PC but now I'm using Outlook Express v.6.00 on Windows 98SE, and the problem is still with me.

I am trying to create any number of email messages that all contain basically the same text but each one to a different address. To do this, I compose the message, add the first address, and save it to my drafts folder. Then I enter in the address and name of the next recipient (along with any other minor changes to the text body), and again save it as a draft. However, it simply overwrites the first one so that no matter how many copies I try to make, I can only save the one latest copy to the drafts drawer.

The obvious workaround is to compose and send each message individually, which is too time and work consuming. I know there must be a way to do what I'm trying to do because I can do it on Yahoo, just not on my own email account.

(Incidentally, this is not an attempt to create spam; these are legitimate business mail contacts but I simply need to find out how to streamline the process.)

Any suggestions, or any advice as to what I may be (perhaps very ignorantly) not doing right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back