Windows XP w/ Media Center 2005
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Mobo
AMD 64x 4800 dual core processor
2 80 gig raptor hard drives in RAID 1
Corsair XPERT TWINXP 1024-3200XL RAM 2x512 MB
800 Watt PC Power and Cooling PSU
Haupauge dual video tuner
Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS

Approximately 2 months ago it started crashing, giving me the very helpful "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error. Various stop numbers are 0x0000000D; 0x000004CO; 0x00000002; 0x00000000; and 0x80510CC8.

Nearly two weeks ago the computer wouldn't boot, and would not recognize the hard drives. I made the mistake of taking it to Best Buy, where the Geek Squad took 10 days and simply reformatted the drives, wiping out all my data and software. Not a big problem, since I have everything backed up, but they should have asked first. I picked the computer up yesterday and began re-installing everything. Then today I walked in and get the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error once again. I've just about had it. Unless someone can suggest something, I'm planning on parting this computer out on eBay and going back to a stripped down Dell. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the Sacramento area, so if anyone knows of any shops here that would help as well.

Could my problem be caused by Ghost 9.0?

I've spent a day trying to fix my computer without any luck. I've reviewed error logs etc which make no sense to me. However, while googling for an answer, I saw a note that my problem can sometimes be causes by mirroring software such as Ghost 9.0. In hindsite, my problem appears to have started around the time I installed Ghost, which could have possibly screwed up my RAID set up. I just uninstalled it and I'll see if my computer still crashes. If it does, I'm going to replace my video cards (2 in SLI...not cheap) and then my RAM. I'm also going to take out my sound card and my tv tuner to see if they could be the problem.

some people like norton I think it stinks
but normal irq errors relate to hardware functions
should look at all your hardware irq settings and in hardware system look for conflicts
most irq's like this are from sound cards or video
top end system like that may have special jumpers and or in need of better power supply
have you checked event viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back