Overheating problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

idealkrush

hi there

lately my computer is shutting down without warning due to a overheating probleam as it says.In the message in the reboot it says that there was a thermal problem causing the cpu to shut down for security reasons.
Now,the thing is that doesnt seem to be true.Both my fans are working and the temperature is not that high as it says.In the bios settings the indicators rpm of both of my fans are 0 and the temperatures are

processor zone temp 94 c (this cant be true)
system zone 1 temp 47 c
system zone 2 temp 57. c

Something must be wrong with the temp sensor i guess.But in bios i cant change a thing.

Can anyone help me?
it happens more more often.I cant write a dvd or listen to music.
its a pain in the ***

thanks in advance
idealkrush

the same

thanks for your reply
i downloaded speedfan and the indicators are

fan 1: 29 rpm (how can it be??)
fan 2: 2509 rpm

temperatures

cpu 83celcius (very high,it gets bigger every time i play music download etc)
local 43celcius
remote 53celcius

what can I :confused: do ?

still nothing

i have done the bios update already.
i have installed speedFAn and it says my cpu temp is around 90c.
but it gets higher everytime i try something like writing a dvd or play music and design in autocad.
the shuting down possibiliry is always there.
and the thing is that down there nothing is that hot.its preety cool i would say.

Seems to me the sensor is misreading. When it reaches the threshold it shuts off, as expected. My thought is a new mobo. Mayeb someone else will come up with a suggestion.

solved!!

I think i solved it.After checking the hardware again and again i made a very detailed cleaning and now the CPU temp from speedfan has dropped to 43!!!there was a very thin layer of dust in one of the fans that was preventing the air from circulatin properly.
You were right.it was an air problem and not fake temperature indicators.
thanks a lot guys.

I seriously doubt that a very thin film of dust would cause that much lack of cooling. My guess is you have a CPU cooling fan on the blink and need to get that fixed ASAP.

All the over temps were true and your CPU took some pretty damaging heat. Luckily the thermal protection kicked in to shut it down for you. DO NOT be surprised if the CPU packs it in sometime soon. The temperature monitor is a built-in thermistor on the CPU die itself, there is some mobo gain interface to this but a failure of this circuit is very unlikely. My point is, next time do not be so quick to doubt the reading, especially when the PC is shutting down for thermal run away.

Good luck and change that CPU fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back