Packard Bell overhauls imedia desktop line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Packard Bell (subsidiary of Acer) has revamped its “imedia” desktop series – and their logo too, for what it’s worth. While notebooks and mobile technology as a whole has exploded, desktops still offer the best bang for your buck. Keeping this close to heart, the top-end imedia has been outfitted with components which balance cost and performance.

At its best, the imedia provides the choice between an Intel Core 2 Quad and an AMD Phenom II X4, up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GT230 with a whopping 1.5GB of VRAM. It has plenty of storage capacity with up to a 1TB HDD and is media-friendly with HDMI-out and a Blu-ray combo drive. It houses 6 USB 2.0 ports, an eSATA port, a multi-card reader and an optional Firewire port. Other optional specifications include a DVBT TV tuner with a remote control and a Wi-Fi adapter.

Cutting edge? Nah – but it’s a great package that offers quite the spectrum of customization. Its starting price isn’t half bad either at £299 ($489), which kicks things off with a Celeron.

Permalink to story.

Wow, I didn't realize that Packard Hell was still around... Back in the day their systems used to be garbage... High tech paper weights.

I thought the same thing Wendigo, I started seeing them on EU online stores. haven't seen them in the states though.

Packard Bell, the second worst build of computers in history, next to eMachines, is now based in England...
Cannot figger how they keep hanging on so as to stick it to another new computer user.

well that explains a lot Ray, i was talking with someone who had a new Packard Bell machine, and the motherboard was not even dual channel architecture.

From my knowledge PB doesn't have such a horrible reputation across the pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back