Page Fault in nonpaged area BSOD

Hi, I am going to post this then edit, so I dont loose a wall of text from a BSOD in the middle of typing. sorry if this is long winded.

My computer has been giving me a lot of grief. I was getting a lot of crc failures on rar extraction so I tested my memory with memtest and found tons of errors so I went and picked up a few more sticks(upgrading from 2x2gb to 4x2gb but it is a slower speed). things went fine for about a week and I installed visual studio 10 ultimate which I couldnt get running right so I did a system restore, but I didnt have one far enough back so I just did the oldest one. after uninstalling reinstalling repairing and updating everything I finally got it to run my programs(im just a student so they arent complicated).

at this point I thought I was good but when I came home from work I found a [FONT=Segoe UI]PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD. [/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]Hoping it was a one time occurrence I put it in the back of my mind. it happened again so I did a memtest on the new ram, seems to be fine with at least 6 or seven passes(done at different times, 2 passes at a time) no errors. So I did some googling and most people say this is usually a software problem, not hardware. one of the times that visual studio was uninstalling avast said there was a rootkit and I deleted it(but I think it was just part of the uninstall process). so I ran a boot time scan anyways, nothing special. ran chkdsk on my primary and secondary partitions last night, said it repaired a journal log or something, a quick google says that is nothing. temps are all in their normal range(cpu<45 gpu about 60)[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]I tried to make a new pagefile but im not sure it worked, when I make the size 0 it doesnt free up any space on the drive after restart(which seems to be missing about 20 gigs of space, it says 80 gb are used but after enabling hidden files and folders and selecting everything in c: I only get 60 in properties, sorry ot). I defraged after and set it back to 12gb(cuz 8gb ram but im running out of space on the drive only 15gb left).[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]at this point I went into safe mode to see if it would crash, it didnt for a bit but then I enabled verifier.exe and rebooted normally. since then I have no aero anymore andI still got bsod, this one was different [/FONT][FONT=Segoe UI]DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on[/FONT] [FONT=Segoe UI]lhidfilt.sys so I used whocrashed and it says logitech drivers, so I updated setpoint. still bsoding though with the page fault. here are some minidumps, I deleted the ones that do not pertain to this event. verifier is on right now and I typed this whole thing without a bluescreen, that is the longest its been since ive enabled verifier.[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI]thanks in advance for any help you can give me.[/FONT]

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    157.2 KB · Views: 1
This is my third post, the second is awaiting approval, I guess b/c it has my mini dumps attached.

I almost forgot,

windows home premium 64 bit
patriot ddr2 666mhz
evga geforce 8600gts (this is old but I find it hard to believe the ram and the video card died in the same month).

I am considering upgrading to windows 7 I have a disc right here but I would have to do a clean install and that is a lot of work. not to mention it may not work if it is a hardware problem.

thanks again

Here is another 2 mini dumps from today, just let me know if I can provide any more info. and again, thanks to anyone who takes the time with my problems

Attachments

• Minidumps2.zip
    37.9 KB · Views: 0
Back