Page_fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I read some of the replies on the topic, so I went ahead and zipped the minidump contents and have attached the same, and am hoping that someone wud guide me as to what is the problem. Please help me.

Can we have this computer's specs and some details on when and how often this page fault happens and what you are doing when the error occurs?

Windows XP Professional w/ SP2
AMD Athlon 64 2800+
ASUS K8N
PALIT Geforce 7300GT 512MB (about 3 - 4 months old, older Gfix was Geforce 5200 which too gave up on me after 3 years of service :p)
originally when the problem started I was using 2 RAMs (512 MB each), now I am alternating between the two and using only the second DIMM slot (1st slot is completely useless), coz for some weird reason I tried only one RAM and it worked for 3 days , and then the BSOD showed up, then I tried putting it in other slots but it didn't worked, then I used the other RAM and again put it in the 2nd slot, and now again the PC is working, and my gut feeling is that this strange cycle wud continue.
Well first time I got the BSOD, it was the PAGE_FAULT thing.. then followed by some other mumbo jumbo error was included (but not the same PAGE_FAULT thing, hope the dump file provides the info needed)
The BSOD showed up at random moments, No resource intensive operation was being carried out(once while surfing, and other time while uTorrent was running, and once while watching a movie). Then at constant restarts the PC just won't boot into the windows, even in safe mode, it would show the initial screen then POP comes the BSOD.

Asus motherboards are very, very picky on what memory works in their boards. It sounds like you were trying to install non-asus friendly memory... Minidumps are usually very generic, without the details you provided here. I have no time to process them now. If no one else responds, I will be back with the minidump results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back