Panasonic CF-72 LCD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

doread

Hello i would like to know if there is anyone that could tell me how to fix the following problem.

My LCD screen on my P3 CF-72 has a line across the screen, at first i though it was dead pixels but then it moved.

Bad connection maybe? Thanks for any help- if you need anymore detail i will post later, i am in a rush now.

It could be interference, but its more likely that you are trying to use a screen resolution or refresh rate that isn't fully supported by your flat panel.
You will need to read its manual and adjust your resolution according to what it says.

ok thanks, i will try changing the resolution when i get home. Although the line is there during boot also. It appears on the Panasonic splash screen that offers choose boot device or enter bios options, it does not go away untill the power is turned off.

Changing the resolution does nothing as i suspected..although it did change the colour of the line for a bit :p . Thanks for the try.

Any help at all would be appreciated, i am not afraid to take it apart, already had it apart many times for various reasons but i have no clue how to fix the screen

It sounds as if it is a fault with the flat panel itself then, unfortunately i have no experience with repairing one. But i do have a lot of experience with fixing just about everything else electronic. If you want my help you have it if you are able to take pictures of the internals.

I must warn you however, there are some dangerous voltages within it and you may risk serious injury.

My friends know me as the power supply man, i have repaired many of them including my own one. I have also repaired many other things from a toaster to dvd players.

Thanks, i do not have a camera at the moment but i will see if i can get one. My laptop was free from an industrial manifold plant so the laptop is a bit dirty inside even after a good cleaning. And as for warning... thanks but i have my experience with electronics aswell, so no worries mate. :)

I had it apart not to long ago , but i may have to take apart the screen again beacuse i believe the problem lies in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back