Partitioning sata

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogenmaster

Putting together my new system tomorrow. MSI K8N Neo - Athlon64 3000 Samsung 120gig sata - i gig kingston hyperX3200 - sound blaster audigy.

This is my first experience with sata. I wanna partition the sata drive and was wondering if you use FDISK to partition the sata drive or can you do it booting to the windows XP CD. I know XP gives you chance to partiton the drive at the beginning of the install but I dont remember if you can set up multiple partitions. I am pretty familiar with FDISK and I have a pretty good idea of how I want to partition. Read the partition.radified today, good post phantasm. Just getting my mind organized for the rebuild, anything I am forgetting.

Thanks

Yes you will be able to make multiple partitions during Win XP installation.

I doubt that partitioning a PATA will be any different from that of SATA.

I m pretty sure the whole thing will be a straight forward process since you mentioned you are familiar with FDISK.

You can partition it any way you like.

Its just a hard drive.

The fact that its SATA and not PATA is not something you'll see manifesting itself in the software world bit.

Its just the exact same as PATA.

Fdisk will not work since fdisk is a DOS app and you don't have DOS drivers for SATA. If you are thinking Linux fdisk then of course, provided your SATA works under linux :p

You can partition both during Windows install and later on in Windows using the Disk Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back