Parts for a budget gaming PC

Dat1Gamer

Hello guys I was talking to my parents and they said for my birthday in august they might give me $200 for a budget gaming pc build I already have the case, DVD drive, hdd's, and I need somthing that can play BO2 I need a Mobo, PSU, CPU, GPU, I think thats all what could you guys reccomend me some parts?

EDIT: Oh and I need to stay with DDR3 ram I already have tons of ddr3 ram

Man, $200 isn't really enough to get yourself a proper build, even without the parts you listed. If I were you, I'd wait until I had a good $400-500 dollars before you begin to think about a gaming PC.

If that isn't possible, for whatever reason, check out teksyndicate's cheap *** gaming rig.

Ahhh Well right now I just want to browse the interweb's with it and upgrade later over time ya know?

That's pretty good for your price range, and should be able to do some lightweight gaming with an add-on GPU. But like I said, if you're serious about putting together a respectable system, I would be waiting for a little more cash.

I was looking and with that CPU and no add on GPU I can atleast play my GTA IV on HIGH and maybe BF3 on med cause my dads E Machine's desktop can play Bo2 at 60FPS on high settings and AA

What resolution will you be playing at? Battlefield 3 is much harder to run than Black ops 2.

It's you again! Dude, $200 is nothing. You get what you pay for. A dirty cheap $50 mobo and $100 CPU and $50 PSU is already $200, and this is some seriously low-end gear.

Save up more money.

Wrong im at 158 -.- im gonna get an ati 7750 for 40 from my friend who just bought an EV3A titan..

Wrong im at 158 -.- im gonna get an ati 7750 for 40 from my friend who just bought an EV3A titan..
This is the last time I'm going to say it. Save more money. That build will barely run modern games on medium, and will have trouble running games at all in a year.

Luke -.- I make 100 a year when I turn 14 and can get a job I will build a REAL one just want one to play MineCraft Garrys Mod and GTA iv and MW2 -.- and for 200 thats awesome cause im gonna OC that CPU to at least 4.00GHZ cause its gonna be a Mineral Oil pc

So I dont wanna spend 200-300 on a GPU and put it in the oil and it break

Hold the phone. This is a mineral oil pc?!!?

You do realize that putting together one of those is probably one of the most difficult things that you can attempt. It's gonna cost you a fair bit just for the case (or whatever you use) and oil. You won't be able to use a hard drive in the oil, so you'll have to either get yourself an SSD (which is waaaay out of your price range) or find a way to mount the hard drive externally.

Based on what I assume to be your level knowledge of computers and their components, and your lack of experience with putting them together, I'm going to predict that this will end in tears. I'm 15, have a job (and money) and have a fair bit of experience putting together PC's. I would still not attempt to create a mineral oil PC.

Wait till you have a job. Get some cash together. Build a rig that you can be proud of, and doesn't have a 90% chance of failure.

I know I cant use the HDD in it I already have the fish tank yes im using a fish tank -.- and a custom HDD mount on the lid and I aint returning 5GAL of oil

Yeah but you guys know who wants to spend 500 on there first oil PC and have it short or somthing ya know?
I only really want to play BO & MW2, MW, GTA IV.

My advice is to just give up the mineral oil PC thing. Also it's barely an improvement and aside from being silly it's probably awful to maintain.
On the other hand the 7750 is not a bad card just because it's vastly inferior to a lot of modern cards and can't put out the best graphics, and it was a decent deal.
My other advice is to grow up a bit.

Oh my god -.- I cant stand people like you. you compare me to an swagfag im a hella lot more mature then a 22yo swagfag and im only 12 1/2 I want to build an oil pc its my choice

Budget gaming build =/= oil PC.

By the way, those parts listed are already over $200, not counting mobo.

Oh, and oil PC will probably overheat with these components under load.

Well, as other have pointed out - your budget will not allow for you to build a decent gaming machine. Also, your mineral oil idea is a bit silly and still would probably need more then $200-250 to make happen. Sell your two laptops and save your $200-250 bucks. When you get around 600ish bucks I would then ask for recommendations.

Back