PC-Antispyware, PC-Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a problem similar to the one posted below by moderate. My wife's computer keeps popping up with a bogus virus warning from PC-Antispyware and keeps getting a panel message called "Security System Protection Control Panel". I have tried removing it with just about every anti-virus software that I could think of as well as with Ad-aware and Spybot but it keeps coming back.

I have posted a HijackThis log from the scan that I just did. I would be eternally grateful if anyone can provide some suggestions on how to get rid of this problem. Thanks.

Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please attach the log into your next reply.
  • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this: C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Please Download VirtumundoBeGone by secured2k
  • Save the file to your desktop
  • Close all running programs (including your Internet Browser)
  • Double-click VirtumundoBeGone.exe on the desktop
  • Read the introductory information, and then click Continue
  • Click Start
  • When asked if you want to continue, click Yes to run the fix
  • Click "Save Log"

Note: It is normal for the the fix to terminate by producing a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH so don't be concerned when this happens. It requires you to manually reboot to restore your normal windows desktop.

The log created by VirtumundoBeGone called VBG.TXT will be on located on your desktop. Please retain VBG.TXT.

Empty Recycle Bin.

Reboot and "attach" a new HijackThis log file along with the VBG.TXT into this thread.
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

I followed the instructions below and do not seem to be getting the "Security System Control Panel" message anymore nor the PC Cleaner warnings. I am still getting a pop with a "System Integrity Scan Warning", however. When I ran VirtumundoBeGone it did not detect the virus and never produced the blue screen of death. I have posted the logs below.

Just after I ran HiJackThis, Spybot gave me a warning that a registry entry was changed. SpyBot reported:

Category: System Startup user entry
Change: Value added
Entry: fbixrhwo
New data: C:\Windows\system32\gvmdwzuv.exe

Because I did not recognize this, I denied the change.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Bogus PC-Antispyware

Hi, All, I'm experiencing the identical problem as Thucycides. I'm currently working through it using kritius' instructions to him. I'm a relative necomer to the PC world and am unsure of much of the terminology/jargon/processes. I'm not quite sure how to "attach the log" once the scan is complete. Perhaps it will be intuitive once the removal is complete. For now just waiting for the scan to finish. Also, I'm not sure to what "new threads" refers. Cheers.

Bogus PC-Antispyware

I've restarted my computer, as prompted, after running the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It appears to have corrected my problem and I'm extremely greatful. However, when I tried to locate the mbam log it was not under C:\Documents and Settings. It was on my monitor prior to the restart and I assumed I'd find it as indicated in the instructions. Ideas as to where I might look? Should I still download and run VirtumundoBeGone? Awaiting your direction. Cheers.

@ ike036ams2op, go to HERE look for a button that says new thread at the top, and then start your own topic, you can use the paperclip icon at the top of the message window to attach the logs.

@ Thucydides, sorry, there was a confusion and your log got over looked, if you still need help would you loke to post a new log?

Malwarebytes worked beautifully!

To kritius,

Thank you very much for your suggestion on using Malwarebytes. It cleaned up my computer in the first scan. Many other adware cleaners did not work. Great stuff!

ccl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back