PC Build Questions

DeadSpiderVenom

I have a okay machine, ill link my specs at the end of the post, but I was wonder what I could do to improve it over time, also I am planning on building a second machine for a secret project im working on, how ever I do not what is the best I can get, and by this I mean, I literally need a computer that is, or is as close to a super computer as possible, as this project will be taking a lot more then what a normal machine handle, or at least I think it will, if im wrong ah well I will just use the rest of the machine for gaming ha ha

This is supposed to be a Gaming Machine

something extreme edition, amd only cpus (sorry I would post the proper motherboard but I have no clue what the name was, and I cant find the box)
Athlon 2 3.4GHZ CPU (64bit)
8GB ddr3 of G-Skill(I think) Sniper Ram (color is black, kinda fancy)
4GB ddr3 of G-Skill Ram (not sure if this one has a certain name)
Nvidia Geforce 210 2GB ddr3 (temp card, I am planning on getting a new one)
I also got a really old wireless card that only works for XP 32bit, im only keeping it in case I convert my linux os to windows XP

HDDs

1TB SanDisk Internal
1TB Western Digital External
Mini 160gb, I think Toshiba (used to be external took it apart and made it internal, lost the cord and could not find a new one)
160gb Internal from my old machine (Emachine I bought like 6-7 Years ago)

Disk Drives

Dual layer dvd burner from my old machine

If you need any more info please feel free to ask ill provide any information I can give

Wait, so you need help building your "secret machine"? Or upgrading your gaming rig?

Also, a supercomputer has terabytes of RAM and thousands of CPU cores. Your PC is not a fair comparison xD.

Lol well building my "secret machine" and upgrading my gaming machine, so both, also I just need one really powerful machine, as what im attempting has never (as far as publicly) been attempted, and as such it could take who know how much or how little resources, and im expecting a lot, at least at first, also it does not matter how long it takes to build the machine as ill have to take my time anyway, as ill probably have to build my own os and several software's for what im doing

Well, it's pretty damn hard to recommend a "Secret Supercomputer" for you, since we have absolutely no idea what you will actually be using it for. Just throwing money at a system will not necessarily make it better for the task. What sort of things will you be running on this system? CPU intensive? GPU intensive?

Also, what sort of budget are you looking at for this "Supercomputer", and what sort of budget do you have to upgrade your other system? Also, what resolution do you game at?

Well, it's pretty damn hard to recommend a "Secret Supercomputer" for you, since we have absolutely no idea what you will actually be using it for. Just throwing money at a system will not necessarily make it better for the task. What sort of things will you be running on this system? CPU intensive? GPU intensive?

Also, what sort of budget are you looking at for this "Supercomputer", and what sort of budget do you have to upgrade your other system? Also, what resolution do you game at?

(y)

Your gaming machine needs to be revamped. But tell us your budget and resolutions first.

I agree, you need to upgrade the gaming computer if you intend to game with it into the future. What games do you like to play and at what resolution do you prefer? That, along with your budget will enable us to offer the correct solution for your needs.

As for supercomputer. The closest to a supercomputer for the home user is going to be a dual-CPU workstation with lots of RAM.

Please dont worry about budget, as the "supercomputer" will probably not be need to a lot later in what im developing, also I was planning on using multiple server computers to do this, also for the type of work ill be doing, if im guessing right it will need as much of all the resources I as can use, as I will be doing not only graphics, but also several other stuff that will be heavy, more so at when I start that phase, as for my gaming machine currently all im really doing on it is minecraft, but when I move im planning on doing a lot more on it like LoL WoW, maybe a few fps games, and kinda go from there, aslo please note I did not get all the parts my self this machine was a birthday/xmas present, also budget on the gaming machine is not a issue, as it is just fine with what im doing right now, and will probably get better after I upgrade my graphics card, I am also a very patient person, so im in no real rush to build theses

If your (aka: ) supercomputer will not be needed until much later, then maybe we could skip it for now. This would make the thread much easier to understand one topic at a time.

Well I got everything planned out, but im getting stuck on the specs I need, also if the parts are expensive ill still need to save up so I can buy them and that will take time, sooo, no we cant skip it for later, everything will take time and money as I dont have much of one, ill have to use time to earn money to get the parts I need, but I need specs now so I can get prices so I can start saving up

Back