Pc freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

mole

(sorry if i posted this in the wrong section of the forum)

hi all

whenever i play an online game, such as counter-strike, half way through it my pc just freezes. i cant move my mouse, i cant minimize the game or use any keys. i just completely freezes.

it only just started freezing recently and i didnt do anything except leave my pc on for a movie download.

ive tried running a spyware remover such as Ad-Aware and i used norton anti virus. everything that was detected, i deleted and i still have the dam problem.

anybody know y this is happening?
any bit of info is appreciated.

Originally posted by mole
any bit of info is appreciated.
We can actually say the same as we have no info on your hardware, OS used or even which size of shoes you wear. Thank you for filling up your system specs section of your profile, it'll help us help you.;)

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

lol soz

heres my profile: profile
if that doesnt show up for some strange old reason, my specs are here:

processor: amd athlon64 3000+
ram: 1024mb ddr corsair
video card: saphire technology radeon 9800 series
motherboard: nvidia nforce3 ga-k8nsnxp
harddrive: SATA maxtor 80GB

thanks alot :)

dam!

my pc now crashes when i switch the pc on :(

when i push the ON switch, it loads up the computer. then i can see the ram and stuff, and then it takes me to a screen which has Safe-Mode, Safe-Mode with Networking, Safe-Mode with command prompt, Last good configuration and Start Windows Normally.
whatever i click on, the pc would just freeze (well atleast i think it does since nothing happens even if i leave my pc on for an hour) straight away.
i'm gonna try and formatting my hard drive. but does anybody think this could be a hardware problem because my pc started freezing when i played games, then it started to freeze when i used some programs, and now it freezes when i switch the pc on!

someone please tell me this isnt a hardware problem :(
(i have NO money left to buy anything new)

thanks

i gave up lol :knock:
i formatted my hard drive cuz i thought that it might fix the problem. but when i tried installin winxp i got errors so i just handed my pc to the repairs shop.
they told me that the reason y the pc kept freezing was because of my hard drive. apparantly it may be physically damaged so im gonna have to get a new one :(

i guess that it wasnt the ram that i needed to sort out then, which is kinda good cuz the corsair ram is alot expensive that a maxtor hard drive :giddy:.
the guy is still havin "freeze problems" on my pc so hes gonna try other stuff.

thx for helping anyway people

(hope i wont have to buy a new hard drive since im skint! :confused: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back