PC Game Pad inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had it recommended to me to invest a few bucks into a game pad. I am currently testing out my roommate's Belkin Nostromo N50 pad. I have been looking at buying the Nostromo N52 (if they ever come off back order).

My question is this: Are there any others I should look into or are these the best one's to go for? I currently play World of Warcraft and I plan on starting to play Battlefield 2 in the near future.

Any input would be appreciated.

It sounds to me like what you are talking about is a speedpad. Most of the time when I hear game pad I think or something like this.

If you are looking for that thing that has a partial keyboard in there the only other thing that I would really suggest if you aren't able to get one of them ordered look at Zboards. They are like regular keyboards but have over lays that come off and then you can put in the keyset for what every game you are playing.

yes, a speedpad. My bad. However, if I could find a gamepad that had enough buttons... I would be all over that..

Thnak You, I will lookinto that keyboard.

I think that is pretty much the most buttons you will find on a gamepad. For the most part the only ones I have seen for PC's are modeled after a PS2 or Xbox controller.

Good Luck in your search.

Jimbo420 said:
For the most part the only ones I have seen for PC's are modeled after a PS2 or Xbox controller.

Good Luck in your search.

And if you get one of these just get a USB>Playstation adapter - that was you can use your playstation controllers instead. They're dirt cheap - around $10 US. I bought 5 or 6 of them to spread around to different machines I game on.

I use a logic3 2p274 usb rumble pad.. Looks just like a playstation 2 pad with 1 EXTRA button.. rumble effects too... and it was only a tenner!

fimbles said:
I use a logic3 2p274 usb rumble pad.. Looks just like a playstation 2 pad with 1 EXTRA button.. rumble effects too... and it was only a tenner!

I went to the Logic3 web site, but couldn't find any gamepads for USA. Did you get yours outside the US, or am I looking in the wrong place?

I was shopping around for a gamepad (want to try out some old Final Fantasy games on my PC) and became interested in the Thrustmaster 3 or the Saitek p990.

Then I decided to finish playing Warcraft III, so I'll look for gamepads later :grinthumb

well after looking into all of the game pads and speedpads I wasd able to, priority on the ones you all mentioned here... I ended up finding that I needed to go with the Nostromo n52 mainly because it was the only one with enough buttons for my needs. However, now.. just because I like some of these other ones.. I am going to end up with a collection of game pads. YAY for obsessive shopping hehe :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back