PC gamepad reccomendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gourry25

Well since the Nyko gamepad will not get detected by my pc yet my brother can plug and play with no problem I mgiht as well ask for reccomendations for my own pc gamepad. what I am loking for is something like the PS2 controller, I know logitech has one like that but i know the bearings wear out on that too quickly. I saw in another forum that its possible to make the PS2 and even the gamecube controller into a Pc USB and ahve them work great. I have no idea if this is true. I would love more info on that if someone can help. Also I know about teh Xbox360 pc controller and I have never held it myself, so I am not sure how comfy i would be with it. So if someone has some good ideas please let me know.

thanks in advance.

I know that a company called Joytech used to make devices that enabled you to connect 2 PSx controllers to a usb port, but I don't know if they still make them or where to buy them.

EDIT: Not just joytech, I have found many different manufacturers of PSx to USB adapters just by searching for the words: "playstation controller usb" (without quotes) Try It!

I use a playstation controller via an adapter and i have to say its cheap and it works really well!!!!!

The logitech one you were talking about is the Dual Action gamepad.. exactly like the controllers for Playstations.. I've mainly used it for racing games and the odd game emulations (long time ago..) and its very comfy..

I think there's a new one out that has the rumble pack on it or something.. although this version sometimes on clearance so you might get it for $20 or something in the game shop..

I have a Logitech USB Rumblepad and it's pretty great. It has compatibility problems with some games though, so keep that in mind. My NFS: MW crashed like 5 times in a row before I unplugged the damn thing! ;). But for other games like Prince of Persia and MGS, it works like a charm.

I think I will go with the Ps2 controller and adapter for pc. Unless there is a problem\issue i need to know about that wou8d effect games like Grandia 2 for Pc and such. So let me know ok. Also if there is no issues might as well ask how it gets setup on the pc, would it be known as a generic gamepad or what?

My adapter is recognized by windows and work without installing any drivers, but the drivers are needed for force feedback as the generic drivers don't support it and I'm not sure all the adapters available support FF.

Well Force Feedback probally would not concern me i mean i don't know of any Pc games that hvae force feedback with any gamepad, only joysticks. so i guess i am set.

Ok, in that case don't install the drivers for your adapter.

Only install them if windows (for some strange reason) doesn't recognize the adapter.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
I have a Logitech USB Rumblepad and it's pretty great. It has compatibility problems with some games though, so keep that in mind. My NFS: MW crashed like 5 times in a row before I unplugged the damn thing! ;). But for other games like Prince of Persia and MGS, it works like a charm.
i love playing NSF with the gamepad although i got Underground 2.. easier than using keyboard..

i wish i got the rumblepad instead but like my luck draws out it got released a month after i've bought the damn controller.. too lazy to get back to the shops so i still use it..

Well I got the USB PSII 2 player converter and well i ahve no clue how to get the damn thing to wokr lol. I am using a spare Ps2 controllers and it see new usb device but beyond that nothing more lol. the small cd it came with i installed the stuff, could it be model number or soemtnhg?

nope. but i mihgt not need to worry bout it, a friend sent me $25 via paypal to get a better verision that he has so in the ened I only lost $4.50 which is not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back