pc giving bsod`s:

Status
Not open for further replies.

talon

Here's the scoop... I'm going insane with a pc giving bsod:

f4: 0x00000003, 0x8557c338, 0x8557c4ac, 0x805c7478 and
77: 0x0000185, 0x0000185, 0x00000000, 0x00b5100
" ", 0x01589000 errors at seemingly random times.

i have:

formatted and reinstalled (using different installation sources), memtests are clean, hdd scans are clean, BIOS and all drivers upto date, all win updates done, swapped RAM, swapped hdd, ...

here is an entry from my event viewer :

eventsystem (category 50)
com+ event system detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was c0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemmobj.cpp
event id#4609

i am also receiving controller errors on my dvdrw in event viewer.

when trying to download from MSI liveupdate i received the following:

vbios
flash_MMIO_MAP
deviceiocontrolerror

the only thing i can figure is its a bad controller on the mobo?

anyone have any ideas, im going nuts!#$^

Well

I am not a BSOD expert by any means and I know that it can be a major PIA if it is hardware related.

First Id disconnect the dvd drive and go for a bit and see if that cures the problem. My have a conflict....

However dont rule out a unstable power supply. It may be generating inconsistant power. That is usally the last thing people check, however it is a common BSOD causer :D

But from the errors you are getting it seems to be a IDE controller or your DVD drive causing it... But Like I said dont rule out the PSU....

Corrupted paging space

Bugcheck 77 and F4 are usually related to corrupted paging space. Run chkdsk/r and re-allocate the paging space.

thanks for the responses people! i shall run without the dvd drive for a while, see what happens...

know of any good programs to test psu?

talon said:
thanks for the responses people! i shall run without the dvd drive for a while, see what happens...

know of any good programs to test psu?

Go to Downloads at the top of this page, Utilities and look for Speedfan. Download and run it. It will tell you what your voltages are

damnit, brand new stop error

0x000000d1 nvnrm.sys driver irql not less or equal

here's the minidump.....

NVNRM.SYS is nVidia network resource manager. However 1 minidump is not sufficient to confirm it is software or hardware problem. We need 4 to 5 minidumps to confirm the root cause of your windows problem. The culprit maybe ram. Anyway it is no harm to upgrade nVidia network resource manager.

The following problem were crashed at NVNRM.SYS and your version of NVNRM is at different version.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic46778.html
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic63030.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back