pc is very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

momsgonelooney

i don't know if this is the right place for this post but, my pc is running very slow and i was wondering how i could fix this. any help would be appreciated.

Hi momsgonelooney.

Let`s make sure you haven`t gotten your system infected with malware.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

supersmashbrada said:
yeah uhhh, what are your pc specs, lets start there.

how would i find the specs? it's not store bought it's home built and i didn't build it so, if u tell me were to look i will tell you.

Download and run Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on 'Computer' then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-summary' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home sub-folder and then reports sub-folder and click on the report which will open it in a text editor and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the debug stuff at the bottom of the report and delete it and then save that file again and then copy and paste it to here.

:)

Ty howard hereis the log.

here u r cct and ty very much.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    8.3 KB · Views: 6
  • everest report modified.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 13
Have HJT fix the following.

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.zpecialoffer.com/indexie.html

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: BitComet ClickCapture - {39F7E362-828A-4B5A-BCAF-5B79BFDFEA60} - C:\Program Files\BitComet\tools\BitCometBHO_1.1.3.28.dll

O2 - BHO: Reactivator Class - {6C31790D-1EDF-4b05-83DC-925B3A8E2318} - C:\Program Files\FreeShield Toolbar\elertz.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Free Shield Toolbar - {0C6DD65A-F36B-4ac8-89EB-6175AEE6BB8C} - C:\Program Files\FreeShield Toolbar\elertz.dll

O4 - Startup: AntiCrash.lnk = ?

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present

O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present

O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload &with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddLink.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload all video with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddVideo.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: &D&ownload all with BitComet - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe/AddAllLink.htm

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Other than the above unnecessary stuff, your HJT log looks fine.

I notice you`ve got a hell of a lot of stuff running and this could well be why your system is slow.

Uninstall anything you don`t want or use from add remove programmes in your control panel.

Click start/run and type msconfig into the run box and press the enter key. Click the startup tab and untick anything you don`t want to start with Windows. Click apply/ok and restart your computer. Tick the box that says not to run msconfig the next time your start your computer and click ok.

Go and read this thread HERE, it`ll show you how you can speed up your system.

ok i did all that u said but, it's still running slow. any other suggestions? I uninstalled many programs i wasn't using and even deleted everything in my download files. ran all the scans did a disk cleaner and defrag and shut down all i thought was useless in the ms config. any other suggestions? by the way my clock is now in military time any way i can fix this?

To alter your time to the 12 hour setting, do the following.

Click start/control panel/regional and language options/customize/time/time format and set your clock to hh:mm:ss tt click apply/ok and close the control panel.

As for your system still being slow, open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key. Click on the processes tab and look for any processes that are taking a lot of cpu cycles, then let me know which process it is(if any)

Maybe you could post a pic of your task managers running processes?

To take a pic do the following.

Open your task manager and click on the processes tab. Maximise the Window and press the print screen key on your key board(usually abbreviated as prt scrn).

Click start/all programmes/accessories/paint, click the edit menu and choose paste. You will now have a picture of your task manager in the paint programme. Click the file menu and choose save as. Under save as file type choose JPEG and click the save button.

You can then either attach the pic to your post or you can use online picture hosting such as PhotoBucket and copy and paste the IMG location of your pic into your post.

task manager pic.

srry it took me so long to get back to you but, here it is. I hope it can help you so, you can help me. ty

Attachments

• task manager.JPG
    task manager.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 10
Your task manager pic shows your cpu isn`t being used at all. The only thing is, you`re running 38 processes, which in my opinion is too many.

You need to get rid of some of your startup items in msconfig.

Post a fresh HJT log and I`ll see what we can get rid of.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

DvpApi (dvpapi)

Close the services window.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 127.0.0.1:8080

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=C:\Program Files\SoftwareTime\ComputerTime\bin\ctmn32.exe

O2 - BHO: IE7pro - {00011268-E188-40DF-A514-835FCD78B1BF} - C:\Program Files\IE7pro\IE7pro.dll

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program
Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll

O2 - BHO: FDMIECookiesBHO Class - {CC59E0F9-7E43-44FA-9FAA-8377850BF205} - C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\iefdmcks.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\verizon\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - Startup: Hare.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dachshund Software\Hare\Hare.exe

O4 - Startup: Zoom.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dachshund Software\Zoom\Zoom.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download all with Free Download Manager - file://C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlall.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download selected with Free Download Manager - file://C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dlselected.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with Free Download Manager - file://C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\dllink.htm

O9 - Extra button: IE7pro Preferences - {0026439F-A980-4f18-8C95-4F1CBBF9C1D8} - C:\Program Files\IE7pro\IE7pro.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: IE7pro Preferences - {0026439F-A980-4f18-8C95-4F1CBBF9C1D8} - C:\Program Files\IE7pro\IE7pro.dll

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE

O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.att.net

O23 - Service: DvpApi (dvpapi) - Command Software Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Command Software\dvpapi.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Let me know if there`s any improvement.

ok Howard it's booting faster but, it takes za 2-3 mins. to start. is that normal or is there a problem with za's start up process?

It`s possible ZA has a problem. Download one of the free firewall programmes below.

Kerio or Comodo.

Now disconnect from the internet and uninstall ZA.

Once ZA is completely uninstalled, reboot your system. Install whichever of the above firewall programmes you chose and reboot your system again. Reconnect to the net and see if there`s any improvement.

ty. once again. it worked. i installed comodo and it loads very fast. i have just one more problem. i had to deny access to ie because something has attached it self to it. it seems to attach itself to my main browser so i made ie my main browser and denied it access to the internet. any way i can figure out wat this thing is? i have ran virus scans with no success on catching the "bug". any suggestions? ty.

every time i open ie and try to go to a page that isn't bookmarked i get a safe loading message and pop ups. it says "sale safe loading" pop, pop, pop up. i hope that can help.

Download the Autoruns programme from HERE. When the programme runs, click options and make sure the "Hide Microsoft Entries" is ticked. Click the file menu and select refresh. Click the save icon and save the Autoruns log to wherever you want.

Attach the Autoruns log here, as well as a fresh HJT log.

Well, you`re going to have to access the net in order to download the Autoruns programme, so yes, allow IE to access the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back