PC not booting as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pc had some of it's system files crashed and it did not boot. So I re-installed Windows in C:\ Drive and now things are okay, except for one problem. Whenever I shut-down and then open it again, it only shows a black screen (the monitor button is green, not orange, at this point) and after some 3 minutes, on the bottom of the black screen, a white Split-bar like progress meter shows up in which each black bar gradually becomes white. This continues till the progress reaches the middle. Then windows appears and the rest loads to the desktop. So my question is, how do I get around this progress bar?

The specs:

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
System Model: D915GAV_
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 510 MB Ram
DX version: 9.0c

Are display specs required also?

Also, one more question. How do I enable Task Manager?

You enable task manager by hitting CONT/ALT/DEL. On the other thing , wait it out for awhile and see if it stops. If not, you may need to reformat (again).

This happened to me awhile ago to. But I just can't seem to put a finger on what I did to resolve it. It was either I formatted or got a new HD because my HD was dying. It was one of those two things. I'll post back if I remember again.

Thanks for the posts.

I just need to know 2 things.

1) By reformat, do you mean reformat the whole system, or can I just reformat C:\ and re-install windows there.

2) When I say enable task manager, I mean Enable Task manager; I get the error that it has been disabled by the admin.

thanks again.

if Windows is installed on the C: drive that would be fine to reformat and reinstall there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back