PC powers up by itself when plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakobian

hi everyone,

just built a pc, when i plug in the power cord, the pc automatically powers up before i get a chance to switch it on manually from the power button on the front of the case. any ideas guys?

thank you in advance, oshin.

yeah ive disconnected and no luck. the psu is brand new fresh from the box, the system runs fine with no problems so i dont think it would be that. is there anythin i can change in bios?

Check your network adapter settings for 'start on lan' and 'start on .....' whatever.

edit: check Bios for this also (wake or start or whatever)

There is likely a Bios setting and will definately be one if you look at the network adapter (Network Connections) in Control Panel.

Alas -I think they call that 'commercial advertising' here - please delete that reference. I am glad to have helped.

Yeah, TM, but I plod. A new build, I start at that then work my way into the Bios and OS.

Whatever works, but I like a linear approach even if it is somewhat my own.

:)

I will go into the bios on the first boot into the OS... Set the time and date, then set the boot order. Go through all the settings quickly to check defaults. Boot or wake on LAN, Modem or Network are all off by default most of the time

As do I, BUT, you have to assume at the start that these posters HAVE done that or you spend HOURS teaching them to install an OS and ALL the hardware.

No time for that.

I troubleshoot.

thanks again everyone! :) dont know if you guys know, but red alert 3 is released tomorrow!!! also pes 2009 on ps2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back