PC Reboots When Burning a DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all well im a total noob when it comes down to computers all i know what to do is game and look on the net :p

Heres my problem ive burned loads of films useing this pc and about 2 weeks ago just went to burn another one and it rebooted it self when it got to the burning stage,
I was like ok that was weird, so i tryed again same thing, so i tryed a different film one ive already burned and no luck.

That was using ConvertXtoDVD so i tryed Nero, converted it fine hits the burning stage and BANG same again.
So thinking it might be over heating i took the side of my case off and stuck a fan there. no luck.
read somewhere about some guy having the same prob and he fixed it by putting my driver? to DMA. (something like that) anyway dont that and no luck and its really annoying me.

Pc Specs.

AMD 6000+ x2
2 GIG Ram
8800 GTS
600w Power

Please help me people.

Thanks

Sam

hey sam check all the connections to the drive the power and data cable after that if it still does the same try restoring your computer to an earlier stage in system restore points if that fails then try reinstalling the driver for the cd/rom or uninstall it in device manager then reboot the OS should do it for you if it still continues after all this let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back