PC restarts no idea whats wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

saioke

okay, i just got a dell dimension e510 (not brand new) from a friend who couldn't fix the computer either. when i got it, it started rebooting by itself so i unchecked this so called "dont reboot after system error" option and started getting BSOD instead. BSOD such as "page fault error" and other random messages. i thought it was my ram so i did a test with memtest and it didnt detect any errors. i went out and bought a 1gb module and replaced my old ram. the BSOD stopped and its back to rebooting over again. sometimes it will reboot and end up in a loop.

what could it be? could it be overheating? i only have 3 fans in my system which are 2 fans in the power supply and 1 120mm CPU fan. i ran a program called "PC wizard 2008" and shows my hard drives are at 59c.

also, sometimes my PC will shut down and give a system beep message (1 long, 3 long, 2 long) and cant figure it out...

here is a download link to all my mini dumps that appeared in my minidump windows folder. sorry but i had to use rapidshare because the forums limit is 100kb and this zip is around 270kb.. maybe someone could analyze them for me?

http://rapidshare.com/files/124608869/Minidump.zip.html

thanks to all for helping me!

btw, my specs are:

80gb hard drive
pentium 4 3.0GHz
1gb ram
305 watt power supply
geforce 7600GT

Tmagic650 said:
Maybe the hard drive is failing...

hmm well thats what a computer technician told the guy i got the computer off of too but that dont explain the system beeping and such sometimes.

when he had this computer the 120mm CPU fan died and he hired a technitian to put in a new one. i would say that this new fan is cheap and is not putting out enough cooling but who knows. i never really had problems with computers and when i did i could fix them but not this time..

i mean you can unplug the hard drive and still get into the computers bios. but sometimes (when my PC beeps after it restarts) it dont do nothing and the hard drive light stays at a amber color and not green.

i also noticed that when i lift up on the ram when the PC is running the PC shuts down and causes the same beeps it does when it restarts sometimes. i know the ram cant be bad and i tried all 4 of my ram slots. what i dont get is it runs for awhile and suddenly stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back