PC screen does not go on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Hi all.

Ive been fixing and playing around with pc's for almoust 2 years. What i know is what i lurnt myself. Yet i have no IT traing. But i know a few tricks or so. But theres this one problem i cannot solve. Ive got a thurd pc but 4 some reason if i switch it on the screen does not go on. The cpu fan and screen card fan gous on but no beep from pc its not psu ive installed a new one. Other ram, prosessor,hdd and still the same problem. I cant c that its the mainboard cos all power consuming devices get power.

Please help. Ime at a dead end.
Regards Willem

I am having the same problem. I start the computer, the computer boots, the monitor is working but nothing on it. The computer is working perfectly but nothing on the screen. I can even hear the windows start sound, but the monitor shows nothing.

So, neither of you have tinkered with the other components? You've not moved/reseated your cpu at all?
You get a green or yellow light on your monitor?
If you take your gfx card out does it report any post beeps?
What OS are you using?

Zadman: are you using windows 7?

Ive got xp. Ive replaced the cpu. Ive tried using the onboard grafics ive tried a nother screen card. Still nothen. Ime thingking maby motherboard? Dont know.

When using the onboard graphics - was that with the other graphics card removed? Newer mobo/bios auto-detect the monitor/graphics availability. Many years ago it took printed user manuals and counting keystrokes to blindly navigate the bios to return it to a working graphics card.

Reset the bios is another thought.

Ive got xp. Ive replaced the cpu. Ive tried using the onboard grafics ive tried a nother screen card. Still nothen. Ime thingking maby motherboard? Dont know.

Double-check your cpu mate, make sure the cpu AND fan are seated correctly. An incorrectly seated cpu/fan can lead to a no-post.

I checked and checked again. The cpu and the cpu fan is secure. And correctly seated. Ive tryed to reset bios. Same problem no change. Not a beep nothen. Ive had a close look at the motherboard. I dont c enay burnt capacitors no blown up transistors or diodes. Everything looks fine. ?!?! I dont know enaymore. Where can i find those printed steps to blindly navigate myself thrue bios. Or should i call it hell.??

read the NO POST guides in the guides forums. (There are several). I would say there is something not hooked up power wise.

Zadman have you tried using a different monitor or VGA cable?
because you are getting the XP startup sound that means your getting past POST so your motherboard is recognizing some sort of video card or onboard chipset. if you were using a onboard chipset for your video then you might also try a dedicated video card if you havent already, if you have yo might need to set the BIOS to use the video card instead of the onboard chipset to do that you would be blindly navigating the BIOS screen as rf6647 mentioned before.

Zadman have you tried using a different monitor or VGA cable?
because you are getting the XP startup sound that means your getting past POST so your motherboard is recognizing some sort of video card or onboard chipset. if you were using a onboard chipset for your video then you might also try a dedicated video card if you havent already, if you have you might need to set the BIOS to use the video card instead of the onboard chipset to do that you would be blindly navigating the BIOS screen as rf6647 mentioned before.

Lol. Thanx. Ile check everything again. Do u know where i can get an internet site for it courses? Or where i can maby find A+ book online or so?

HI Freak,

To avoid blind navigation reset cmos settings using the jumper. By default it will revert to onboard vga.

All motherboards have this jumper.

Hi Zadman

I cagree 100% with HellFire if you hear the windows login you simply have a monitor issue or a video card that is defective but not dead.

I have seen the past that a video card was not outputing the anaglog display signals yet startup sequence passes.

Kevork

resetted the bios. Pc goes on. Not sure if it must. Wen jumper is in reset posision. Wen i put the jumper back in origanal posithion. It does the same thing no changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back