PC Seems to be slowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texaus

Hello,
I recently received some help with my home pc. Everything is going fine there. Thanks again!

Cleaning things up on my personal pc prompted me to run the 8 steps on my office computer. MBAM and SAS run and a few items were removed. I did this last week and cannot find logs anymore. I ran HJT today and noticed a list much longer than what was on my log from home pc. Do things look okay?

I reran all 8 steps and attached all logs this time. MBAM and SAS caught a couple more things this time. On my HJT log I am concerned about those trusted websites, i do not recognize any of them.

Try this:

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

Also instead of Yahoo AntiVirus
I would recommend uninstalling it, and then running a full updated scan using Avira

Hi Texaus

Use HJT Scan only select and get rid of the below

O15 - Trusted Zone: *.drivecleaner.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.errorprotector.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.imageservr.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.systemdoctor.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.drivecleaner.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.errorprotector.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.imageservr.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.systemdoctor.com (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {15589FA1-C456-11CE-BF01-00AA0055595A} - http://w4s2.work4sure.com/c/ge/

Never ever trust that one run of any Malware cleaner/remover get everything on one run. It may get enough on the first run that will expose more to the next run that first run never even saw. I think you will get an example of this when you follow my instructions below.

Then config SAS and MWBAM as below and run again and agin until it come up clean, posting logs each time.

SuperAntispyware config

After installed double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.

It asks to update the program definitions, click Yes.

Click the Preferences button.

Then Scanning Control.

In Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
1. Close browsers before scanning
2. Scan for tracking cookies
3. Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
4. Leave the others as they are.

In MalwareBytes after update but before running
Click settings and confirm all are Checked.

I repeat Update these 2 programs.

Run them repeately until they come up clean and post their logs each time, then a new HJT log.

Mike

Kimsland,
Thanks. Done and Done. Posting new logs. I should of remembered to try Avira from the first time you helped me!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I do not have a "reset" option in internet options, advanced tab. I did have a "restore defaults" and thats what I clicked.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I do not have a "reset" option in internet options, advanced tab. I did have a "restore defaults" and thats what I clicked.
That's because you are using Internet Explorer v6.00

IE7 has now been out for a while, so long actually that IE8 has now been in Beta stages, and expected to be released soon!
You are advised to do all Windows Security Updates, otherwise you will be leaving your Windows vulnerable and unprotected for any future attacks on your system

Please re-open HijackThis, and place a tick on these entries, then select fix:
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {15589FA1-C456-11CE-BF01-00AA0055595A} - http://w4s2.work4sure.com/c/ge/w4sgeen10.exe

Restart your computer
Do all Windows Updates from here: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
Include IE7 (as IE8 is still not released)
Then once updated (and system restarted again)
You will then be able to "Reset" your Internet settings

Kimsland and Mflynn,
Thanks so far. I like ie7. Things do seem to be much faster now. Latest HJT is attached, am I clean now?

HJT clean, but a HJT log is not the final word as you may find out.

Did you do the MWBAM and SAS again with the tweaked configs I advised.

That will be a better indicator as to if you are clean.

I would like to see these 2 logs.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back