Pc stops picking up that there is an ethernet cable plugged in

Hi guys. So a few days ago whilst I was playing a game, my pc told me there was no internet connection. My pc was telling me that there is no ethernet cable plugged in. I also keep getting the message that I have just plugged in my headphones even though they were always plugged in. Thebpc operates very slow after this happens. If I shut down the pc, un plug it and then plug it back in, boot it up it works fine and picks up the ethernet cable. Well at least untill I start playing a game again then everything goes bad once again. It happens about 5 min into gameplay without fail. I have tried using a different cable as well as a different router. I have also tried updating, uninstalling and re installing the drivers. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem and what I need to fix it will be greatly appreciated

Two sub-systems seem involved: audio and network. Sounds like it might be heat related. It might also indicate a failing PSU. Check Eventvwr.msc for error messages. Consider possible maintenance needs. Cleaning excess files out of HDD, defrag. Check for YouTube videos on cleaning out dust and renewing thermal paste for CPU and GPU. If you are still having issues, try to borrow a known good replacement PSU or test your existing PSU in another system.

Disable ALL browser Extensions and Addons, quit the browser and restart it.

Two sub-systems seem involved: audio and network. Sounds like it might be heat related. It might also indicate a failing PSU. Check Eventvwr.msc for error messages. Consider possible maintenance needs. Cleaning excess files out of HDD, defrag. Check for YouTube videos on cleaning out dust and renewing thermal paste for CPU and GPU. If you are still having issues, try to borrow a known good replacement PSU or test your existing PSU in another system.
Thanks for the reply. I got a new psu this morning and I still have the same problem. The pc has no heating issues either. I will try some of the other things you suggested

Back