Pc Wont Boot After Vista Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well basically i downloaded a Windows Vista Ultimate torrent i checked all the feedback on the torrent before, and all was good and positive when it finished i opened the iso document with nero and just clicked setup (I think i was supposed to burn it to dvd as it reboots several time during installation i left it on while i slept and when i woke up it was just on the windows vista boot screen and the bar as if it was booting up just kept going across i left this on for several hours and still nothing. I then tried booting it in safe mode, it said Windows Installation Cannot continue in Safe Mode.

So i think what has happened is the installation is incomplete and i need to continue the installation with a disc of some sort.

I have borrowed a friends windows vista dvd disc but i have no idea how to get it to start it says on the boot menu with the title "Windows Failed To Start"
1.insert windows installation disc and reboot pc.

i have tried this and nothing happened but the usual stuck on the boot screen

CAN ANYBODY SUGGEST ME A WAY OF GETING THIS DISC TO START.

OR PERHAPS REMOVING THE VISTA ALL TOGETHER

BUT I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY HARD DRIVE DATA BUT IF I HAVE TO I WILL.

THANKS. IceKule

I just want to now why in the world would you want vista?? The thing is a memory hog. XP is much much better. And downloading a operating system from a torrent (in my opinion) probably was not such a good idea. It is most likely not a valid OS which means you can't do updates which means that the OS is pretty much ussless. If you really wanted Vista you probably should have just gone and bought it from somewhere. I know this dosn't help but I was curious. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back