PCI video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael RC

I have a system with an integrated video card. This sucks because I do not have an AGP slot. My system doesn't have a PCI express slot either. I wanted to upgrade my card to play games but PCI cards are very limited. If any one has suggestions on a good PCI card for 3D gaming please let me know.

Just make sure your power supply can handle the increased (but not too much more) load.

the 6200 requires a 300watt Power supply minimum any lower than that dont bother trying, i see that your sytem is a dell b110 that uses a 250 watt power supply that's if you haven't replaced it with a more powerfull one, therefore if you havn't your power supply isn't good enough for the 6200 you would need to upgrade that as well if you wish to use that vid card.

Well, since you have a 250 watt power supply, and if you don't want to replace it, there is a lower-end card that will get you up to playing games about a year to a year and a half old. The GeForce 5500 Pci card is a lower end card, but it only requires a 250 watt power supply.

I have an BFG Tech Geforce 5500 PCI card as wel and its a good card. It even has a lifetime warrtney. Only problem is my powersupply im running it on a 230w when it needs a 250w. I heard dell under rates their wattage on there cards and it does work well but now and then it will freeze for like 5-10 seconds every so often anybody have a clue what that is, is it th power supply? Thank you

I say the fx5500 card because it doesnt require much power and it plays most modern games fairly well. I play star wars Battlefront II with an fx5500 pci and 768 MB RAM with an Intel celeron 2.60 GHz processor without overclocking or lag! That card is your best bet.

Yes, dungeon lords should work just fine. The fx5500 was easy to install, but if you need instructions just post and I will give you instructions(i have an fx5500 rite now!)

well i was in the same boat. i ended up getting a new motherboard though. i just got 1 with the right options and every thing worked. but a pci vid card is another way to go but if you plan on upgradeing in the feuture then you might want to take this route. if you buy a card now and a couple months later you want to play somthing else and so on then you will end up with and extra card somewhere on down the line. but its just a suggestion.

Integrated graphics card

Im trying to install my new graphics card but I can't get the integrated one to stay disabled. I am prompted to restart my computer after I disable it and every time I restart it, the intregrated card become activated again. And for some reason I can't get the driver uninstalled. Will someone please help?

You should enter the BIOS, and then look at Integrated Peripherals or something similar. The disable the "onboard VGA" "integrated video" or something like that.

Also, try Driver Cleaner. It could help :)

If you don't know how to do it, tell us your motherboard's model and make. I'll try to help you better.

Thanks for the edit Howard! :) No problem mate :)

also some mobo s got a hardware jumper in side the case that you need to move to the correct position. i can look it up for you but i need a manf. and model # you can find this info in the user manual. good luck!

-JOSH

Wow, I finally got my NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 PCI to work properly. My PC has onboard Intel 845GV graphics so whenever I tried to switch to the NVIDIA, my computer would freeze on bootup at the hotplug section. Even though I disabled the onboard graphics in the BIOS, agpgart would still try to load the onboard graphics instead of my NVIDIA

I have an eMachines motherboard and I was able to sucessfully install my fx5500 and I didnt have to disable my card, and I had an Intel 845GV chipset.

Just to let everyone know I got my card up and running and I have to say that for a really cheap system it's running excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back