Pen Drive 16GB not working on laptop but working on other PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new Kingston Datatraveler 100 16GB pendrive. It is working perfectly on both my desktops at home. However on my laptop its failing to write data. It can read and copy data from the pendrive perfectly, however, when I try to write data on it, it writes a certain amount on a very slow speed (500-900kb/s the normal would be 10mb/s) and then completely stops, giving a file not found error (options are Try Again, Skip, Cancel).

Sometimes it manages to transfer at a high speed and suddenly stops at 90% and stops transferring at all. After a while the pendrive completely disappears from the system and I have to replug it to appear again. The file is now on the pendrive but its corrupted as it only transferred 90%...

Does anyone know what's going on? Why is my pendrive acting so weirdly? It works perfectly on other computers except on my laptop it fails to write?
Please help

If it works on the desktops, then it is not the pendrive. You might want to look at your laptop more. Have you tried different USB ports on your laptop? Are the USB 2.0 high speed ports, or just 1.0?

All my computers have USB 2.0 ports. I built both of my desktops myself. One is running on a ASUS P5K Deluxe mobo and the other on a Gigabyte one. Both of them are running on Vista Ultimate and so is my laptop. My laptop is a new TX2510us
Its specs are
AMD 2.1ghz Turion X2
3GB Ram
250GB
3USB 2.0 ports (i tried on all of them but still getting the problem)
ATI 3200HD IGP graphics

I just want to point out that it was working for a month on my laptop. But recently it just starts giving these write errors... I tried reinstalling the OS but its still giving the problem...

I tried other pendrives on my Laptop and they work fine? So it can't be the notebooks problem either?

Please help

Man i also have got the same god damn problem!!!
de only difference is my desktop..whereas the laptop n other desktop i have it works perfectly on 'em..!

Man i even got it replaced still de problem persisted..

my config is

AMD X2 5600+
2*2 GB Kingston 800Mhzz RAM
500SATA HDD
Vista 64bit(UL)

Please help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back