Phenom II x3 720 shows up as a 787mhz processor in Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just put together

gigabyte ma770-ud3 motherboard
AMD phenom II x3 720
4gb ram ddr2 800
HIS Radeon HD4650 1gb
32bit XP

When i first got everything going the processor showed up as what it is. I started messing around with some of the bios and overclocking. The computer wouldnt load so I changed everything back to default. Everything works fine, i ran a
performance test and it test fine, i just don;t know why it would show only 787mhz. Does it even matter? I also have 4gb of ram installed and its only showing 3.25? Any help would be great thanks.

Only 3.25 gigabytes of ram show up because you have a 32 bit version of windows. As for the CPU speed, have you reset the CMOS? Also, try using CPU-Z to check your CPU's speed.

It could be that the cpu speed is only 800 mhz because of a power saving feature. Put your cpu under load, by using Prime95 or something similar, and see what the speed goes to. For reference the CPU's multiplier should be 14 under load, and the bus speed 200 mhz.

Go into your bios and disable cool n quiet or go to windows power options and change it to performance.

Ya i figured it out, i feel very dumb as I should. But thats what i get for clicking on without reading it first. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back