Philips CDD5263 Burning Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.. I've had this problem for about 3 months now and its been getting worse pretty much everytime I burn a CD. It goes through the burning process no problem. I've used 3 different programs and also tried 3 different brands of CDs and I still get the same result. Anyways when I try to actually listen to the CD you can hear the music but its covered by a thick layer of "fuzziness" I guess you could say. My computer WONT read the CD and my car doesn't like it either. I called Dell and they were little to no help. So I just want to know.. is there something I can actually do to fix this? Or should I just go ahead and buy a whole new drive?

RBenthien said:
Hi.. I've had this problem for about 3 months now and its been getting worse pretty much everytime I burn a CD. It goes through the burning process no problem. I've used 3 different programs and also tried 3 different brands of CDs and I still get the same result. Anyways when I try to actually listen to the CD you can hear the music but its covered by a thick layer of "fuzziness" I guess you could say. My computer WONT read the CD and my car doesn't like it either. I called Dell and they were little to no help. So I just want to know.. is there something I can actually do to fix this? Or should I just go ahead and buy a whole new drive?

Please, could you explain to me better? I don't understand clearly. You say "when I try to listen the music is covered by fuzziness" and then "My computer don't read the CD". These seem not compatible. Could you be more clear?
I suppose you are burning an audio Cd. Or is it an MP3 one ?
Bye

Well I dont know how to be anymore clear on it really. Like.. you know when you turn the TV on and your cable isn't plugged in the whole way and its kind of like that "white noise" static sound? Like that. And by my computer wont read the CD.. I mean my computer will load all the songs but when it actually plays you hear absolutely nothing and every 10 seconds or so you'll get a little bit of sound for like a mili-second then back to nothing. And its an audio CD. Not MP3.

What program did u use?
I personally suggest NERO or WMP11 to burn audio cds, and beside, there's 2 type of burning audio CD: analog OR digital (error correction).

If you burn in analog mode, this could happen, but i never experience that in digital mode.
btw if your drive is quite old, this is a common problem.
(I had to burn DVD or CD and erase it 3 times before the content properly burned on certain DVD-RW and CD-RW brands.)

Welcome to techspot :)

Well I used WMP10 or Sonic Record Now. I downloaded WMP11 but I wasn't able to install it cause my computer didn't have Service Pack 2.. but I does now so maybe I'll try that. I'll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back