Pick up a copy of Alien: Isolation for free courtesy of the Epic Games Store

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: The Epic Games Store’s ongoing holiday promotion continues today with a brand new offering that you can claim free of charge. For the next 22 hours or so, you can pick up a copy of Alien: Isolation courtesy of Epic. And be sure to check back each and every day through December 31 for more giveaways.

Alien: Isolation launched from developer Creative Assembly and publisher Sega back in late 2014 on most major platforms and was met by generally favorable reviews from critics (the PC version has a Metacritic score of 81). The game also scooped up several accolades during awards season including Game of the Year 2014 from PC Gamer.

The Epic Games Store said earlier this month that it would be offering up a new freebie each day through the remainder of 2020 and they’re not crummy offerings, either. Last Thursday, for example, Cities: Skylines was available, followed by Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty, The Long Dark and Defense Grid: The Awakening, in that order.

Related Reading: Alien: Isolation Review

Again, each new game is only available to claim during a 24-hour window so you’ll want to check back regularly to see what’s available. What’s more, Epic doesn’t reveal what is coming up next, but does have a countdown for when the next game will be unlocked.

In reference to the company’s free game initiative from earlier this year, Epic founder Tim Sweeney said devs that participated noticed sales on other platforms grew when they went free on Epic due to increased awareness. It also brought millions of new users to the Epic ecosystem, “and that's been a wonderful thing for the company.”

Permalink to story.

When Sega had the sale a few months back, I got alien isolation along with AvP (2010) and Colonial Marines.

I started playing Alien Isolation but to tell you the truth, it bored me and I just stopped.

Consistently ranked as one of the scariest video games ever made, I'm DEFINITELY getting this one!

Hopefully, it won't be as psychologically damaging as Silent Hill 2.

...and it's Metro 2033 Redux today. They're giving away pretty decent titles.
Gabe is not happy about this.

The game are most lovely to play. all other game in alien history are scary too. this one was made to let you have it inside a box and ripped out of a box and getting fast killed if you was trying to run from a ALIEN. realistic and creepy. 4k gaming are nicely but need a good pc to run it so High. not tryed out 8k so I cant tell if it can run good on my system. www.userbenchmark.com go and get a DREAM pc you to.

Asus PRIME H470-PLUS Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Last edited:
Back