Picked up a virus off MSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMummy

hi everyone im only new here, but need sum help please!!
ive got no idea really when it comes to computers so sorry if im a bit slow!! lol
ive recently picked up a virus off msn, i stupidly clicked on a link, nd now its sending it to everyone on my list.very frustrating!
ive done avg full computer scans, and 7 trojan horses have come up but its not alowing me to delete them or remove to virus vault.
i went into msconfig and unticked msn from the list, and it seems to have disappeared, but msgs r still being sent to friends!
i have no idea what to do, ive been googling all arvo with no success!
heres one of the virsus'es that comes up

"D:\USER-PC\Backup Set 2008-06-10 160932\Backup Files 2008-06-10 160932\Backup files 11.zip:\C\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\NetProject\ot.ico";"Trojan horse Generic_c.ABVQ";"Infected"

thanks heaps

wil do!!!
thanks heaps!

wil do!!!
thanks heaps!

quick q
with step no 3 it says to turn off real tine in spyware
i have avg anti virus, is this the same thing? sorry im really hopeless!
otherwise im not sure where im looking or what to turn off
dont want to skip a step thats al
thankyou

thankyou! ive done as u said, the avira is downloading now
should ido a scan with avira and keep the results? or just go to the next step and scan with malwarebytes?

Keep Avira active (you know just as default, sitting near the clock)
Then run a full Malwarebytes scan ( ==> Updated)

You'll be amazed of how well they work together ;)
When Avira finds any issues it'll popup with, what to do. Make quarantine the default action (for all found issues) it'll then just beep when finding and removing Viruses, (in the background ;) )

hope this has worked!!

well i did my scan just adding it now(hope it works) hehe

super anti spy ware scan

can someone please have a look and see how ive gone? hehe

ok im running manwarebytes updated again!
what did i do wrong last time?told u im computer illiterate! haha

oh ok sorry!!
have updated this time, and its scaning away!
thankyou

hope ive done it right this time!

sorry about realease notes, added it by accident!

howd i go this time? lol

Thanks for the "bump" (new reply) I must have missed your last reply before that

Due to the extreme amount of Malwares found and removed
Start up Malwarebytes again; Update it; then run a full scan (remove all found Malwares)
You need to run this multiple times, until all hidden Malwares are uncovered and removed

kool thankyou!
so i should just keep updating and scaning with malware until i have no things come up??
y do i have so many?

sorry for all the questions!
but all the ones in the vault, can i just delete and they will b gone?prob a reallly silly question, but dont wanna stuff it all up!!
thanks heaps for ur help and advice, ur a gem!!

Yes you can (although I agree the words "delete" or "remove" in these vaults are not clear)
Or just leave them there until you've finished cleaning
If they're in the vault, there is no concern

yay no mailcious items!! yay
so what hapens now? am i all clean?
mt friends r still geting msn msgs from me aparantely!
soo frustrating

Please run HijackThis and click Scan
Place checks next to the following entries and fix them (confirming all\any Internet browsers are closed first)

O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] "C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe" /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvSvc] RUNDLL32.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LManager] C:\PROGRA~1\LAUNCH~1\QtZgAcer.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_0_0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Empowering Technology Launcher.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe

Then Download Combofix from here: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5587-combofix.html

Restart to Safe Mode (pressing F8 before Windows starts, to see this option)
Locate the downloaded Combofix program
Double click on it to run

This process may take up to 10 mins to complete
Your Desktop and clock may reset during that time (completely normal)
Wait until it's finished (oh you may need to agree to the scanning, things like that)
Then save the log and attach it to a new reply :)

Well done, 2 more horrible malwares removed :grinthumb

Clear & Reset System Restore's Cache

Go to Start >> Run - type or copy/paste control sysdm.cpl,,4 and then press Enter
* Tick on the checkbox - Turn off System Restore on all drives
* Click Apply
Turn it back 'On' by unticking the same checkbox & click Apply, and then OK

Restart

How's it all running now?

done that too, thankyou!!
my computer is gong heaps better, its a lot quicker!!
and my mouse isnt doing its own random things anymore!! yay
lets just hope msn isnt still sending msgs on my behalf!! lol

also while im here, if the pc is fine now?
what do u suggest i do to protect my pc from now on? ive had it for a yr and never had antivirus etc, hence all my probs!!! silly sillly me!
what programs should i use, and how often should i scan to keep it going healthy?
bump :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back