Pixar dumps Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Pixar Animation Studios Inc. said Thursday it ended talks with Walt Disney Co. to extend a five-picture deal for Disney to distribute Pixar films.
Pixar, the computer animation pioneer founded by Apple Computer Inc.'s Steve Jobs, said it would begin talks with other companies to distribute its films starting in 2006.

"After ten months of trying to strike a deal with Disney, we're moving on," Pixar CEO Steve Jobs said in a statement. "We've had a great run together -- one of the most successful in Hollywood history -- and it's a shame that Disney won't be participating in Pixar's future successes."

Read more: CNN.

With their quality and creativity, Pixar will do well no matter who they partner with. Nothing against Disney but after 10 months, Pixar needs to move on. :)

Heheheh of course they can stand on their own. They did that wonderful Finding Nemo - that's wonderful. Great for kiddies. Its companies like that and films like Lord of the Rings that makes me think we can get computer animation into film in a believeable and good way.

If anything, Disney is holding Pixar back by keeping the Pixar label targeted towards youngsters. I imagine Disney was the financial backing more than anything else.

Pixar will do fine on their own. I'm sure they have the money now to fund future, outstanding films.

Pixar is up to Square Pictures in level of picture technology, imagine if they teamed up... with the upcoming release of Final Fantay 7: Advent Children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back