Please advise at this Hijackthis log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get rid of aurora banners, and can't get rid of the (click yes to complete your download) banner.....

Please can anyone have a look at my hijackthis.txt file and tell me what to do to get rid of these nasty pop ups....

Straight away, I can see that you have 2 worms and an adware downloader on your machine.

Before we go any further with this, please run a full virus scan, and if you haven't already, please follow RealBlackStuffs instructions in "how to remove begin2search/coolwebsearch" in the sticky at the top of the windowsOS forum.

After that, please post a fresh HJT log as an attachment in this thread, As you did in your original post.

Done a scan with norton, didn't find any worms

I've done a full system scan with norton recently, but it didn't find any worms.

I cannot updat virus defenitions anymore because my subscription has expired april 2005.

I will run a new scan and will follow up your instructions, I'll post a new HJT asap.

If your subscription has expired, please download and install AVG free edition (http://free.grisoft.com) , Update the definitions if nessecary (could well be), and run the scan with that. It's just as effective as Norton. (you may wish to uninstall norton first).

The worms spotted are related to the files ms.exe and systems.exe

Good advice from Spike, but if you're wedded to Norman Anti-Virus you can do an online scan. I'd get rid of it completely and go with AVG and then you can keep it updated.

Busy doin jobs

Okay, done a virus check and indeed 2 worms were detected, I'm now downloading avg free and will run a system scan with that to remove those worms.

First I tried a removal of all the spyware and other threats with several programs, spybot couldn't remove all of the spyware it found. Next I'm gonna do it again, after I have scanned my computer for worms and virusses.

I now already have the fealing aurora has gone...but I'll now for sure soon.....

Than I'll do it all again and put a new HJT document to see if it's all gone.

Thanks for the help for now, more to come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back