PLEASE HELP! 6600 asus problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnarchyPure

i have put my asus 6600 128 agp slot into my mobo and connected the analog wires together. when i start up my computer it doesnt detect this new hardware and when i go to install it i get an error in the display it still shows defualt moniter for i had no other graphics cards. thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to techspot!

Please give us your complete system specs, especially your motherboard make and model number.

Does it have integrated graphics? Did you remove the drivers before installing the new?

I don't quite understand your description of what is happening above. You have installed the new card, and you are getting error messages? What exactly to the error messages say?

The fact that you are getting a picture at all means that the card is working (you DO have the monitor plugged into the new card right?)

Anyway, give us some more details please. We'll get you up and running.

thanks, well my motherboard is a aopen 77-8xn model and it did not come with a integrated or other video card. it is usually on default. Yes i do have the analog device connected to the video card. when i ever i try to unstall using nvidia driver it says there isnt a video card present.

OK, so this is your motherboard?: http://global.aopen.com.tw/Products/mb/AK77-8XN.htm

What do you mean when you say "it is usually on default"? What graphics card where you using previously before you installed this new 6600?

What do you mean when you say "I do have the analog device connected to the video card"? Do you mean your monitor is connected using a D-sub connector? I will assume this is what you mean.

So you have your new card in, and the monitor is connected. You are getting a picture on your monitor, right?

Please do this:

Right click on "my computer" and then select "properties"
Next, click on the "hardware" tab, then choose "device manager".

Look for "display adapter" and double click it to expand it. What is listed there?

yes that is my mother board and i had no other graphics card or integrated graphics card beforehand. dont ask y i dont know either. but i already checked device maneger and there is no display adapter even listed

The problem is, if it was used before it MUST have had a graphics card in it. You wouldn't have been able to use it without a graphics card.

Before you can install this new one, USUALLY it is a really good idea to remove the old, but then again it is not really all that necessary most of the time, so let's just skip that and see if we can get you up and running.

OK, so let's move on.

You have your monitor connected to the card, and you are getting a signal (you can see windows) on your monitor, right?

Go here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

and follow the links in those three screens. Choose "graphics driver" in the first window, then "geforce and TNT2" in the next, then your operating system (XP) in the next.

Download that driver and install it and let's see what happens next.

well acutually its my friends comp and he gave it to me to put in a lan party. ok well whats the difference betwwen the 89.91 and the 84.60. anyways i downloaded and installed it but when its almost done it says that there is no graphics card connected

Almost dinner time, so if I don't respond, check back later. In the meantime,

-update your chipset drivers, then try the nvidia graphics driver again.
-if that doesn't work, look in the add/remove programs for ANY other graphics drivers in there and uninstall them. ATI or Nvidia.
-another thing you may need to look at is updating your bios, but leave that as a last resort.
-also confirm that your graphics card doesn't need it's own power connection to the PSU. I am pretty sure the asus 6600 doesn't but check the manual to confirm anyways.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back