Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Memory (RAM): 1024 MB
CPU Info: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz
CPU Speed: 2605.7 MHz
Sound card: C-Media Wave Device
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 800 X 600 - 16 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: D: OEM CD-ROM F563E
:
COM Ports: COM1
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 128.0GB | E: 4.0GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 113.4GB | E: 300.2MB
USB Controllers: 2 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
PCMCIA (Laptops): Not Installed
Manufacturer: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Product Make:
:
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 05/30/03 | AWARD - 42302e31
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: SiS-648
Modem: Not detected

Alright, the errors I had before I reformatted my system

stop: 0x0000008E
stop: 0x00000050
stop: 0x000000D1

nv4_disp.dll (graphics card)
cmuda.sys (sound card)

I recently started having these errors after getting a new graphics card a Geforce 6200 8x agp
and 1g of kingstin [sp] pc3200 I think it was 333mhz ram
both are supported by the motherboard I'm sure
When I put both in at the saame time the system ran ok for a little while.
Later, I recieved the errors and I took out the ram trying to troubleshoot since I had 2 gigs, 1 gig before. I've went over numerous bios setting options and none have worked. I loaded the defaults, nothing. I havn't falshed my bios yet and my dad strongly suggests against it because if I do it wrong I have to buy a new system so he says. I don't know wether that is an option. I changed the agp appature setting to 256 mb from 128 since my new card was 256. The cpu fan speed is 3500 rpm and the temp of it is 47 degrees celcius.

My problems stared getting worse. I couldn't even watch videos online or play music so I decided to reformat. Clean install, no problems, updated the service packs, I know I have ALL the right drivers and the latest ones. Playing music or watching videos is fine now but I did get a couple errors I never saw before and WoW STILL won't run, I get hard locks and the same errors as before.

Stop: 0x000000A
Stop: 0x000008E
Stop: 0x000007F
etc

Ok general things about my computer, I have the case open all the time, and my ceiling fan is running all the time, bad or good? Could it have cause my motherboard to die or something? Everytime I start my computer, my power supply fan is EXTREMELY loud, and the sound goes away once I get to the windows login screen, my dad said it was still running. Would it cause this?
I also thought it might have been something to do with the surge protecter since I live in Florida we have a lot of storms, so I got a new one. NOthing.
I do not have a modem, I'm connected to my dads computer with the cable and now I have random offs online, saying my network cable is unplugged, so is my network card dying? ehh <_<

I can give the full complete list of stop errors and the added information if anyone has a clue to all what it means. Any help would be appreciated.

Try clearing the CMOS. The jumper should be close to the motherboard battery. It could be that the settings the motherboard is using now arent working right with the new RAM.

I've already done that, but I found out my problem already thank god!
My dad was not fond of flashing my bios. I found an update for my bios for 400mhz ram compatability. I flashed it and everything has been fine since!

^_^_^_^__^

Thanks for the help anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back