Please help startup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pok_17r

The other day, I restarted my pc. It was taking a long time to shutdown so I pressed and held the power button until it went off. When I restarted, it went into windows scan saying that a programme had shut down incorrectly. When it went to start up it showed the windows xp pro screen as usual then moved on to the blue screen just where you would normally click the dialouge ie username and password but this box did not appear. The screen just stays blue.
This happened once before with me about six months ago but after a couple of restarts it seemed to rectify itself. I have went and tried to start in all the different ways ie best known last good config, normal and safe mode.
In safe mode, it just shows safe mode in the four corners of the screen and remains on a black screen. Desktop does not appear.
Could anyone please help me. Thanks
Patrick

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Try this and see if it helps.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

Then, try doing a system restore to before your problem began.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks howard but the problem is it does not bring up the account box, it just hangs in the blue screen that comes before the box normally appears. And, when I go into safe mode, it simply says 'safe mode' in the four corners of a black screen and just hangs there. I cant get into anything.
Patrick

A BIG BIG THANKS, Howard :giddy: it worked all my work is still there. I nearly had a nervous bearkdown when it was reloading:dead: .
Thanks and God Bless
Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back