Please insert boot disk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

z28spd

I just put a fresh install on a sata harddrive of windows. When i go into my bios to change first boot device to hard drive when it starts loading it says boot disk error, please insert boot disk. I can only boot into windows if i have the windows cd in my cd-rom and first device boot as cd-rom. how do i fix this. I also have a ide drive that i had windows on previously that is still in the computer. When i do get it to load it says which one do you want to load and shows two Windows XP Homes. GRr and when i tried to reformat my old hard drive in windows when it was done it said cannot reformat drive or some crap!

do NOT mix SATA with PATA (IDE). Windows often gets confused as to which to boot off of. You now have to format your IDE if you want to boot off your SATA. Use one or the other type of technology.

when i take out the ide hard drive before windows loads it says searching for array and just never will leave that screen. So I can only get into windows when the IDE is put it. I looked at disk management in windows and it says my sata drive is the boot hard drive, and I have deleted everything of windows but like 2 things that i cant from my IDE drive

choose which drive system you wish to use (IDE or SATA). Start from scratch, format, and load windows. If using SATA, load the drivers when appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back