Please Suggest ur Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendMind

Dear Friends at TechSpot Forums,

You guys have always been very cooperative towards each other as well as to me:).
Actually, I have created this thread to get ur suggestions as I am going to buy a new GPU after my Inno3D 6600GT got fried:(. It was not a good experience of mine as the card's fan had already been malfunctioning and I replaced it with another similar sized fan. But still card got fried after just 11 months.

Anyhow now I want to buy a new one from Galaxy. It is a prolly between

----> XFX-GeForce 7600GT 256MB (256-BITS) DDR-III (at 181$)-AGP

AND

----> XFX-GeForce 7600GS 512MB (256-BITS) DDR-II (at 153$)-AGP

Given my System Specs i.e.

CPU: Intel Origional 3.06 GHz.
Mobo: Intel D865GSA
Power Supply: 400 Watts
RAM: Kingston (512x512)1GB DDR-II-400MHz working in Dual Channel Mode

Would u guys please suggest which card will work best with my current system specs. I don't want to upgrade my system. I just want to buy a new GPU in place of my fried 6600GT.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks for reply dear friends,

Please also note that my current Power Supply is 400 Watts. is it enough for 7600GT? The Galaxy guy says that it is not.

Also tell me if XFX-7600GT available at Galaxy (well at their Islamabad based distributors as I live in Islamabad so can't go to Karachi to buy card) would be No.1 or No.2 as I have learned from the forums at PKforum that there are two types of the 7600GT are roaming around in the market.

And please also recommend the chesis and UPS to use with the 7600 GT.

I am very careful about heating problem as I guess my 6600GT must had fried from this very same cause. Its fan was actually got faulty after only 5 months usage. So do tell me if the 7600GT fan is that bad.

Thanks.

Can you tell us how much A in the +12V rail? If it's low it's also recommended to replace it too:)

400W should be enough for a 7600GT. Heck, even a good quality 300W PSU will do the job nicely.
But if that PSU is a crappy, no name one, then it should be changed.

----> XFX-GeForce 7600GT 256MB (256-BITS) DDR-III (at 181$)-AGP

AND

----> XFX-GeForce 7600GS 512MB (256-BITS) DDR-II (at 153$)-AGP

I'd choose the 7600GT, it's worth the extra $$. And BTW, 7600 cards don't have a 256 bit RAM bus, they're all 128 bit cards ;)

Thanks friends,

But please let me know if my a bit older system could have become a hurdle in 7600GT's high performance or not...?

Following are my System Specs i.e.

/b]

Thanks in advance.

Thanks friends,

But please let me know if my a bit older system could have become a hurdle in 7600GT's high performance or not...?

Thanks in advance.

LegendMind said:
Thanks friends,

Thanks in advance.
Ehh... Shouldn't be a bottleneck.

Is that Intel processor a Pentium 4 CPU?

If yes, that CPU shouldn't bottleneck the 7600GT.

Regards :wave:

Yeah the processor is Pentium 4 CPU. I guess i will give 7600GT a try. Thanks friends for helping me making up my mind in this regard. I really appriciate ur cooperation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back