Plug & play

Ok so I know there are thumb drives that let you plug & play but I'd like to know if it is possible to do the same thing with a SD card? & If so, how? Would greatly appreciate any & all help.

Autoplay or Autorun isa severe security risk. Much better choice is to disable BOTH of those, mount the device, scan it and if not infected, open and dbl-click the file of choice

Autoplay or Autorun isa severe security risk. Much better choice is to disable BOTH of those, mount the device, scan it and if not infected, open and dbl-click the file of choice
There are minor exceptions to that. It's pretty much dependent on the origin of the device, (in particular the SD card), as to whether it's a security risk. As an example, I don't believe I have any need whatsoever to scan the SD cards from my Nikon DSLRs.

In the provincial Windows 7, which my Luddite self doggedly clings to, the autoplay option panel offers many choices of action, including the outright option to summarily click it away, with no action being taken. Which leaves the device disconnected, and ready for scan.

That I believe, is the default configuration. If someone wants to preempt that built it security measure, god bless them, and may god have mercy on their soul.

An even more sensible way to deal with file transfers, is to scan at the machine of origin, and again at the machine receiving the files as well.

My principle machine is set to not even autoplay an audio CD, which was just burned on it

There are minor exceptions to that. It's pretty much dependent on the origin of the device, (in particular the SD card), as to whether it's a security risk. As an example, I don't believe I have any need whatsoever to scan the SD cards from my Nikon DSLRs.

In the provincial Windows 7, which my Luddite self doggedly clings to, the autoplay option panel offers many choices of action, including the outright option to summarily click it away, with no action being taken. Which leaves the device disconnected, and ready for scan.

That I believe, is the default configuration. If someone wants to preempt that built it security measure, god bless them, and may god have mercy on their soul.

An even more sensible way to deal with file transfers, is to scan at the machine of origin, and again at the machine receiving the files as well.

My principle machine is set to not even autoplay an audio CD, which was just burned on it
Ok so essentially I am looking to be able to plug my SD card into any device that is compatible and have it run automatically without any input from me. I'd like to know how to set it up myself so that I know there's no malware on it & I only intend to use it on my own devices. This is just something I'd like to be able to do to make my life a little easier. Again I'd appreciate any & all help.

Back