Poor cpu benchmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alster37

i have a 3.16GHz pentium 4 processor witch is poor in benchmark cpu tests 0.258fps! i have 1gb of ram and xp if i were to upgrade to 4gb of ram would i see a noticable improvement in speed for my money?

I would suggest going with three GB unless your running 64bit XP, 32bit XP has a 4GB memory limitation. Upgrading memory is the cheapest way to increase performance and if possible try upgrading to faster ram. You should see improvements.

Either purchase same or faster memory. Refer to your motherboard specifications for memory compatibilities.

Definitely not slower memory. Check your motherboard specification for memory compatibilities

CPU replacement

I have intel pentium 4 processor GHz and eventually i will replace it. it would have to be no more than £120 and last me a while before having to upgrade it again. any suggestions? :confused:

Alster37

I have combined 2 of your 3 presently (?) running threads
Please do not create any more new threads, as this may confuse support for your issues that you are having.

I also note that you are providing support replies on other threads (?)
I believe it would be best for you to get your issue resolved before trying to support others.

Note, due to confusion on your other current thread https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic114890.html
I have not replied

It would seem that you are trying to build a complete new computer, so I cannot add anymore info on helping with your older parts

Overall Alster37, I believe most of your posts are confusing (especially having 3 threads open a few mins ago !)

Do you want the other thread closed?

yes i would like my threads closed as the problems have been solved. I will try not to make my threads so confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back