Poor quality Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eedarf

I know absolutely nothing about Audio. I know that my speaker set up has a subwoofer. That it connects to the back of my computer through a black, green and orange 3-way spliced cable. I know I took the computer apart to move it to a new case and that's when it started. I use the on board sound card to an ASUS A8N32 SLI board with the proper sound driver.

The assistance feature for the less informed, like myself, says there's something wrong with my green cable. There doesn't seem to be any tears or weak connections.

As for the problem itself. Sound is mildly distorted. There's severe bass tones? where there shouldn't be. Half of the sounds from 3d games like Oblivion, do not register.

You should have a Realtek Aux console. Start/Programs/Realtek===> some drop down menu. In there you can set-up your speakers for 2.1, 3.1, 5.1 etc. also there should be a graphics equalizer where you can set base or there can be a tab just for setting how much sub-woofer (volume and cross-over frequency) I set my cross-over at 60Hz.

You need to tell it how many speakers you have, then set your sub-woofer and you should be ok.

I've determined it's not the speakers. All of them play when connected to a television. Could I have damaged the onboard sound card?

The entire speaker/subwoofer set up was bought as a package from logitech. I've established that it's not the speakers themselves as I can get quality audio from each, playing console games.

Could it be, because I refrained from connecting the EZPlug to the powersupply on my motherboard? In the manual, it suggested only using that when operating in SLI or with extensive hardware. I have a GeForce 7900, but not two.

When testing, it seems to be only the front 2 speakers that do not function. The sub, rear 2 and the middle all operate.

The only thing that has changed is in fact the EZPlug. If it's not that, then logically I must've damaged the motherboard in the transfer. There's nothing else it could be, to my knowledge. Sound worked before the transfer, only partially works after, you know?

kirock said:
You should have a Realtek Aux console. Start/Programs/Realtek===> some drop down menu. In there you can set-up your speakers for 2.1, 3.1, 5.1 etc. also there should be a graphics equalizer where you can set base or there can be a tab just for setting how much sub-woofer (volume and cross-over frequency) I set my cross-over at 60Hz.

You need to tell it how many speakers you have, then set your sub-woofer and you should be ok.

can you at least confirm that you have the correct sound card drivers and most recent ones? settings set ok?

you may want to perform a test on the plug that you have trouble with by hooking a headset or another pair of speakers to see if it is the plug that has damaged or not.. and try wiggle the connector a bit to see if it makes any difference...

and maybe set everything back to default- sound card app (realtek), EQ/Reverb, Surround, Jack assinments, game/program audio settings, check windows Sounds and Multimedia/Volume settings.....

It seems that when I change the EAX settings, I get the distortion effect AND the middle front speaker functions. I removed the 3 plugs I have, in order to check the EZplug that I'd thought I didn't connect. Seems I did. Now, however I only have the one speaker and the sub functioning.

For some reason, it seems to on and off recognize my green plug.

how did your problem go?

try turning off the auto jack sensing thing..

it may as well be your plug on the pc starting to wear out or get a loose connection.. try a different set of speakers or plugs on the problem one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back