Possible Driver Problems??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

I've been battling this problem for a week now and I am stumped. My memory is good, so is my video card, I took out my sound card just in case it was the culprit, but I am still getting the BSOD containing the error code STOP: 0x0000008e. Can you guys please help me?? I have attached 4 minidump files (just rename the file to MiniDumps.7z as that is the program I used, it wouldn't let my upload it)

no it isn't, you have to change the file extension to .7z and then use either WinRAR or 7Zip to extract the files....

Well thanks for the assistance... "Memory Corruption" is the dump info. Do you know what to do from here? You said the memory is good. Have you tested or swapped it? There was only 3 dumps, not 4

yeah, I swapped each memory stick out until i found two culprits....the other two would run fine. To give you more specific info, I currently have two 1GB OCZ 800 MHz (new) and two 512MB Kingston 667MHz....both are DDR2......so, no I don't know where to go from here....I didn't think it was the memory sticks but I guess that's it if that is what the minidumps are saying.....I imagine I should go and buy a 1GB 800MHz and 2GB 800MHz Kingston dual channel kit so that it is the same brand and speed all the way through. I don't think I'll be able to exchange the OCZ memory I just bought like 2 weeks ago for Kingston which is too bad. ah well, are there any other suggestions you can give me??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back