Posting DMP's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this isn't a good first post, but I do want to get this error fixed as soon as possible. For the past week I have been getting the BSOD which messed my PC up so much, that I had to format and reinstall Windows to get it to work. My PC runs better, but the same BSOD appears. I have plenty of .DMP files to give to see if any of you can help. I would have opened them myself but my installer isn't working correctly. Also I have to be in safe mode to be on my PC for a prolonged time.

They are most likely the same error, but just to make sure.

Thanks in advance and I will attempt to become a good member on this forum.

Attachments

• Mini100308-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 6
Inside the 4 MiniDumps:
BugCheck F4, {3, 89a77950, 89a77ac4, 805d1142}
Probably caused by : hardware_disk
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

BugCheck 7A, {e17d4ab0, c0000185, bf94d758, 47926860}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys

BugCheck F4, {3, 89a6d618, 89a6d78c, 805d1142}

BugCheck F4, {3, 88c1f380, 88c1f4f4, 80606586}

Please run Memtest for at least 7 passes (~4Hrs) for a thorough test of your Ram

This type of fault can also be related to software (resource hungry) programs, such as Norton. Try removing any not-required Programs or Startups

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I'll try this stuff as soon as I find the time. Not too bad if it is just the RAM, but I don't have all the money in the world to buy new stuff. So I hope it isn't that. The csrss.exe process is interesting. I think I've seen it hog memory in the past, but not recently. I'll look up some info on it, but thanks again.

Update: Funny, I just repaired Windows as an attempt to try something and it seems to have fixed everything. However everytime I try to update something on windows, that's when things goes wrong. Oh well, I'll still test my memory sometime.

If you just Repaired Windows, you will need to do the all Windows Updates again

Note: If you mean Windows Update is not working then have a look at this post

Also you may need to install the newest Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable

A repair will remove all Windows security updates (and Service Packs) back to the version on the Windows setup CD
I can't remember if this is Xp or not, but if it is, you should also update to SP3

Edit:

Yes it's Xp build 2600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back