Power is running but no signal to monitor... HELP plzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i recently built a computer and this is the first day of it being completly installed and i was trying to run it but when i turned it on all it did was , the fans ran and it seemed like the harddrive was running or doing somthing. also the video card fan turned on about 5 seconds after the rest of the fans. the monitor does not turn on there is no signal going to it.

the specs are as follows. idk what it could be maybe i need more memory? everything is new parts never used before.

ultra v series 500 watt power supply
cpu amd/a64 x2 6000 3.0g am2
GeFforce vga 640mb 8800 gts r video card
g.skill 2 gigs (2 x 1gig)
Msi k9a platinum xpress 3200 am2 motherboard
maxtor 320gb 7200rpm

thank you in advance for any help that some of you can provide for me.

No it's not the memory.

Reseat your card. Ensure your video card has power.
check all your cables.

check the PSU if all the wire connected, there are two wires connected at the motherboard, the small one and the big, sometimes i'd encounter that problem and i open the CPU there's one left that i didn't connect, thats y the monitor did not open properly. Check if this help for you

I have the same problem... the power is on and everything is running (fans, lights) but there is no response from the cpu.
Here are my specs:
-ASUS CROSSHAIR Socket AM2,
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor
-CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
-MSI NX8800GTS-T2D320E-HD OC GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card
-ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler
-SeaSonic S12 Energy Plus SS-650HT ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply

I am thinking hat its a cpu problem.

problem

I had the same problems and the faulty part was the Video Adapter
I changed it with another and it works like charmed since then.

Good Luck to you!

More monitor details.

Name and describe the monitor.How old is it ?
Have you clocked your cpu settings right ?
Can you get to read the bios.
You need a working monitor to complete this project in the bios settings.
;)

There could be a problem with your cpu. I had the same problem with my old IBM and it turned out that my cpu was dead.

The monitor is brand new, viewsonic, and its working because i had it in another computer and it was working perfect, the cpu is brand new too, frst time that i handle it and that i install it...
I talked to the ASUS guys and they told me that could be the bios chip from the MB, so they are going to send me one. Now i am just waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back