Power supply for Dell WebPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbrock

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone on this board could be of help to me in locating a power supply for my Dell WebPC. Seems Dell is unable to help me get a replacement for it or even suggest other options so I may find it on my own. Since they make their own parts it seems pretty sorry to me that they can't manage a simple PS for one of their own units. They actually suggested I go to EBay to locate one. Too bad Dell, EBay didn't sell me the computer, you did...you are the only ones who support your puters for parts.
Anyway if someone is parting one out or knows of a source for a power supply please let me know. Thanks for any help given.
:dead:

Welcome to TechSpot

That is a bit of an "oldie" which died out in 2000 sometime. Check the dimensions of the powersupply.
If it is a small size, check this out:
http://www.directron.com/ap320w.html

Dell very often use standard powersupplies, but use a different wiring in the connectors. If you are a bit of a DIY, you should be able to re-wire the connector of a standard PSU into Dell's screwed-up wiring, by pulling the individual wires out and reinserting them as per Dell's old PSU-connector.
Good luck

Thanks realblackstuff,
You are the 1st person who has made any sense of this situation and actually had a link and some advice. I posted at Dell, and at several other sites with no luck. I will try out the link and if I get close I can and will re-wire the PS. Thanks again.

Still no luck with the power supply. Followed the link recommended and heard the same old story about how all the Dell PSupplies are theirs and its hard to find one of that dimension. I guess I will just give up and chalk it up as a bad experience. Too bad Dell, you may have lost a long time customer over this screwup..thanks guys for the help. LB

We might be able to help you better if you gave us some more info.
What are the PSU dimensions, how much output Watt does the PC require, what are the current markings on that PSU etc.
Don't give up yet!

Together we can beat Dell.

Take a look on ebay, and I concur, post up some info, you could well be in with some luck by using a standard PSU!

Thanks for sticking with me guys, sorry it took so long to reply, just got off work. I have the dimensions for the PS:

Mfg: Dell Model#DPS-110CBA Rev01

Input: 100-120v---3.6A, 200-240v---2.0A

Output: +5V/15.0A -12V/0.2A
+12V/2.0A +3.3V/9.0A
+5VSB/1.0A

Maximum Combined Power on: +5V and +3.3V
Output is 85Watts

Dimensions:
6"L x 3-1/4"W x 2-1/2"D

I hope someone can match this or come close because I really would like to get the PC running again. There is absolutely nothing else the matter with it other than the PS. Thanks in advance for any help. LB

Thanks realblackstuff, I will have to read all the specs and see if it is a match. What about the wiring, do I just use my plug and attach it to the new PS? Mine has a cooling fan, I see this one doesn't use one. I would have to juryrig a mount for it also. What are your thoughts?

I don't think they come much smaller than this:
http://www.mini-box.com/pw-120-M.htm
This unit plugs straight into your mobo, or you need to make up a cable (DIY again)

or try this one
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1761.html

Did not know you were online. The first one does not need a cooler as far as I know. If all else fails, you can always mount a regular PSU outside the PC. You can buy PSU extension cables, you know!

As an afterthougt, lots of PSUs have a built-in fuse inside the PSU. Yours might have one too, and maybe all it needs is a replacement-fuse.
Be very careful when you open a PSU, DANGER / HIGH VOLTAGE

Yeah, I thought about the fuse trick and when I opened mine the circuit board and xformer were black and fried. Never even saw a fuse, but doubt it would have helped after seeing the mess the board was in. I will research the links above and try and create a miricle from one of the ones they sell. Thanks for your help. L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back