Pre-order the Sony Xperia 1 and get the $350 WH-1000XM3 headphones for free

midian182

Staff member
In brief: Sony is offering a compelling incentive to people who pre-order its upcoming Xperia 1 flagship phone: a pair of the best noise-canceling headphones you can buy—the WH-1000XM3.

Many companies try to entice consumers into pre-ordering products by offering something that sweetens the deal, and this is definitely one of the better packages.

The Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones currently sell for around $348 on Amazon. They offer stunning noise-canceling abilities, amazing audio performance, and a slew of features. After trying them for the first time at the IFA event in Berlin last year, I chose these cans as one of my top picks from the conference. They also won the ‘Best Noise Canceling’ category in our Best of Headphones feature.

As for the Xperia 1, it boasts a 6.5-inch 4K HDR OLED display with a 21:9 CinemaWide aspect ratio that Sony says delivers a “viewing experience that’s true to what creators envisioned.” It also comes with a Snapdragon 855, a triple-lens camera with eye autofocusing, 6GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage expandable via micro SDXC card.

At $950, the Xperia 1 is cheaper than the best Samsung and Apple have to offer, but it's still high for a phone brand that has slightly fallen out of favor with consumers over the last few years. The free WH-1000XM3 headphones, however, make it an easier price to swallow.

To take advantage of the offer, the Xperia 1 must be preordered between June 28 and July 12—the day the phone is released.

Permalink to story.

Seems to be just in the US.
From the UK site :
Consumer who order the Xperia 1 between 29th May and 28th June 2019 inclusive will receive a complementary case
Case model: SCTI30 for Xperia 1
Complementary case will be automatically added to the order
1 complementary case per device
Case will match device colour with exception of Grey where users will receive the Black case
In the event of a return, the case will also need to be returned to receive a refund
Sony can withdraw this offer at any time
Wooohooo free case...

Last edited:
Dont buy it people. Sony's phones are noticeably lower in quality compared to top brands and now possibly top Chinese brands including.

Dont buy it people. Sony's phones are noticeably lower in quality compared to top brands and now possibly top Chinese brands including.

Are talking from experience? I never had issues with my Sony Xperia 10 Plus and previously, my Sony Xperia Xa2 Ultra and Sony Ericsson. I've had Chinese phones like ZTE too and they lack long term quality and they spy on you. Now, Huawei and ZTE are banned. SONY is Japanese quality. I recommend the Xperia 1!

Are talking from experience? I never had issues with my Sony Xperia 10 Plus and previously, my Sony Xperia Xa2 Ultra and Sony Ericsson. I've had Chinese phones like ZTE too and they lack long term quality and they spy on you. Now, Huawei and ZTE are banned. SONY is Japanese quality. I recommend the Xperia 1!
You are one lucky soab. There are definitely multiple problems plaguing their devices, just like LG's. I can tell it as someone who researched Reddit and other places because I wanted to get an Experia.
It is a thousand of bucks. And with only one year warranty I would get something more reliable.

You are one lucky soab. There are definitely multiple problems plaguing their devices, just like LG's. I can tell it as someone who researched Reddit and other places because I wanted to get an Experia.
It is a thousand of bucks. And with only one year warranty I would get something more reliable.

Wtf, you don't even have personal experience with more than one Sony phone, so you got no say on this to be honest. What issues are you talking about anyway? Did they explode like those Samsungs? Even the Samsung S10 has issues with proximity, on screen fingerprint sensor, etc.

Also Sony is falsely advertising this phone to have a 4k resolution. 4k is 4096 x 2160. This phone is well shy of that at 3840 x 1644, per sony's own website.

Back