Prehistoric Motherboard Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

direwolf007

Hey all, my question is for the really old-timers.

Can someone point me to a motherboard which would work with and enable me to overclock a Tualatin Celeron (SL68G). This is a Pentium III era CPU, for those not familiar with it.

Obviously not new, just the name, I'll do my best to find it in some junk pile. I wasn't into overclocking back then, so I don't know squat about finding a board for it.

the problem is most old BIOS won't let you adjust the FSB or the cpu cycles and ergo that's the problem - no overclocking is possible.

the problem is most old BIOS won't let you adjust the FSB or the cpu cycles and ergo that's the problem - no overclocking is possible.

Thanks, but I could find plenty of reference to overclocked Tualatins out there, problem is most did not list the brand of motherboard.

Update:

I scoured a few webpages out there are found a few motherboards that apparently suit me. Finding them is hell, so if anyone can help with that it would be great.

SOYO SY-TISU
Gigabyte GA-6VTXE-A

There is a single GB board on ebay I am bidding for, but I'd actually rather get the SY-TISU if anyone can find it anywhere (or has it ?).

Thanks again for the help.

My favorite board from that era, that I know would work, is an Asus CUSL-2C Black Pearl. I actually had one of those boards... mmmmmmmm. Awesome board.

Thanks guys. I'll try to nail one of those off ebay.

I want to build a retro-rig with my 1.4Ghz Celeron Tualatin, overclocked, and some weak AGP GPU with HD decoding capabilities for older games and movie viewing. It is cool, in a highly geek way, to say: "Hey, my HTPC is an overclocked ancient machine !"

I recant my previous statement.... I have forgetten there are software overclocking programs out there that override the bios.....

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back