Pressing power button but PC doesn't turn on :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. I recently bought a new tower and was moving my motherboard and all the other things to the new one. I installed everything and connected all the cables. However when I press the power button it doesn't start. I know the motherboard is getting power because the light is on and when i plugged in ethernet cable it lit up too but I can't get the power button to work. I thot I mite have connected the cables from the buttons the wrong way o the Chassis 9-pin Front Panel Header so I wnt online and go diagrams and I know it's properly now but it still doesnt work.

Doesn any1 know what might be the problem?

K wow. I was reading on the board about a guy who had the same problem. He bought a new tower and did everything as me and had same problem. As I was reading it almost near the end the guy found out what the problem was and it was bad. He said the motherboard was touching the metal inside the tower and that that way u can fry ur motherboard in secs and that's what happened to him along wid few other things connected to it. When I read that I almost got a heart attack and felt like shyt since my PC is worth some big bucks and I just bought it 6 months ago. So widout any hope left miserably feeling I unscrewed the motherboard and I have used the plastic dunno what to call it (screws) to hold up my motherboard in the air. And for the last time I decided to press the button knowing it won't work. And guess what everything turned on and I almost shyt myself instantly from the shock and happiness and almost wanted to cry. I don't know what saved me, why my motherboard didn't fry but I know I am lucky as hell like never befo. I turned on my system and eveertyhing seems to work well other than the fact that norton antivirus cant load up it's driver and my date was resetted to default but that's it for now.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m really pleased that you got your problem sorted.

I`m sorry that no one got around to answering your post sooner.

Thanks for letting us know how you fixed the problem, as this may well help other members to find a solution, if they have a similar problem.

Would you please take the time to read my post. A message for all newcomers.. Thanks.

Regards and good luck Howard :wave: :wave:

Most likely something was not connected properly and you moved it while checking. Bear this in mind if it plays up again. Your first task will be to check all connections and make sure any cards are truly seated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back