Printer issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm new to this site and i dont know a whole lot about computers, so please bare with me. I'm having a problem with my printer. I can print most thing from it but when i try to print certain things it will go to this page that asks me for a file output name. Now this is a recent problem. I have always been able to print whatever i wanted whenever i wanted no matter what. And now on certain sites it wont let me and i dont understand why it asks for a file output name when it never asked that before. I have always printed off these site till just recently and now i can't please help.

It may be a driver issue. Here is what you can try:

1. If you have the installation disk you can uninstall and then reinstall your printer. Sometimes that is all it takes. However, if your printer is USB connected don't have it connected to your PC until the installation commands tell you to do so.

2. Or you can go to your printer's manufacturer's website and see if they provide updated drivers. You probably can install from their site.

There are 2 things that I can think of:

1. PDFMaker/Acrobat or Similar
When you click File -> Print, make sure that the printer selected is not PDF Writer, Acrobat Distiller or something similar. Make sure that the printer selected is the one connected to the computer.

2. Print to File
When you click File -> Print, make sure that the Print to File checkbox is not selected.

Hope this helps!

Thank You so much for your suggestion. The problem was the print to file box was checked. I dont know how or when this happened but that was the problem and i would have never thought it was something that simple. Thank You for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back