Printer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

swilllx2p

I have a printer that is installed on one computer through lpt1, and shared over the network. Is there anyway that i could install that printer as a local printer on a different computer connected to the network? Like through an ip address? I want to do this because the computers use a old dos program that will only print through a local printer connected on lpt1. If i could install it as local with an ip or computer name i could spool it with lpt1 and it should work. Any suggestions?

Buy an adapter that will make the printer wireless. You can then access it like any other wireless device on your network

Buying anything isn't really going to be an option, as its just to make life a little easier for some and not really a priority at all. It doesn't have to be the same type of setup as i mentioned as long as it will look local to the computer its shared to it would work..if it s not possible to do this without buying additional hardware..then its not happening.

Ok, I haven't delt with a LPT1 printer in a very long time. Most current motherboards don't have LPT1 ports any longer. Make sure that the Computer with the attached printer has a wireless adapter installed and working. You should be able to access this printer, once you have set up your wireless network, from all other computers in your network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back